The Watch Site banner

101 - 120 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
if i were going to participate, i'd need a diving chronograph with a rotating bezel, something
i've had but sold. i wear different watches to use their different functions ( chrono/diver/beater/bezeller).

discipline's good, though. i do about 200 push-ups a week, and fast 2 days a week. it's not doing
me any harm :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
What I learned from wearing the Casio GWF-D1000 for a week:

I really like the alarms to help remind me.
I like the hourly signal.
I LOVE that it isn't connected to my phone.
I like that I don't have to worry about impacts.
I like that the display can be read at steep angles with no LCD blurring.
I like the carbon fiber band.
I like the large buttons.
I like the bright back-light to use as a flashlight at night.
I like the moon age function.
I like the compass.
I like that the time can be displayed in most modes.
I like the accuracy.

I don't like the useless to me depth sensor and said functions.
I don't like that I have to cycle through so many modes to return to the home-time screen. *(Actually you can just hold the MODE button down and it will return to the home-time.)
I do not like the long length of the strap.
I do not like the very large size of the watch.

All this being said I really do miss having a mechanical on the wrist. I will say that I have enjoyed not having to wonder what watch to wear. I am enjoying this digital quartz far more than I expected. Great thread!

·
Special Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Great that you made it! Thanks for sharing what you did get out of that week, really appreciate your taking part in this thread.

What I learned from wearing the Casio GWF-D1000 for a week:

I really like the alarms to help remind me.
I like the hourly signal.
I LOVE that it isn't connected to my phone.
I like that I don't have to worry about impacts.
I like that the display can be read at steep angles with no LCD blurring.
I like the carbon fiber band.
I like the large buttons.
I like the bright back-light to use as a flashlight at night.
I like the moon age function.
I like the compass.
I like that the time can be displayed in most modes.
I like the accuracy.

I don't like the useless to me depth sensor and said functions.
I don't like that I have to cycle through so many modes to return to the home-time screen.
I do not like the long length of the strap.
I do not like the very large size of the watch.

All this being said I really do miss having a mechanical on the wrist. I will say that I have enjoyed not having to wonder what watch to wear. I am enjoying this digital quartz far more than I expected. Great thread!

·
Registered
299 Posts
When I first read this threat I thought, no way. I could never do that. Often times I wear 2 or 3 watches in a day. But, the idea did intrigue me. Yesterday I went the whole day without a watch change, so I figured why not.

If there's any watch I could do it with it's my Shogun. It is the lightest and most comfortable watch I own. It has excellent design, proportions, and balance on the wrist. I prefer to wear it on this Timefactors NATO, which is also light weight and comfortable.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
13,644 Posts
When I first read this threat I thought, no way. I could never do that. Often times I wear 2 or 3 watches in a day. But, the idea did intrigue me. Yesterday I went the whole day without a watch change, so I figured why not.

If there's any watch I could do it with it's my Shogun. It is the lightest and most comfortable watch I own. It has excellent design, proportions, and balance on the wrist. I prefer to wear it on this Timefactors NATO, which is also light weight and comfortable.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Shogun is a fantastic watch and I believe mine will be making a 7-day appearance soon. (y)

Reactions: condor97
101 - 120 of 142 Posts