The Watch Site banner

61 - 80 of 142 Posts

·
Special Member
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Day 5. starting to plan the next wear ...

View attachment 471394
Looks crispy Mike. Whenever I wear one of these I think that it could easily be my only one. Tick nearly all boxes for me. And I do remember that one member here (not sure but I think it was our poeta laureatus) wrote, that wearing a vintage watch gives him the feeling like being a member of a secret club. Brings a smile up on my face whenever I think about it. And he's right with it. We'll need a secret handshake - I think we had this on our map already?.

·
Special Member
13,644 Posts
Looks crispy Mike. Whenever I wear one of these I think that it could easily be my only one. Tick nearly all boxes for me. And I do remember that one member here (not sure but I think it was our poeta laureatus) wrote, that wearing a vintage watch gives him the feeling like being a member of a secret club. Brings a smile up on my face whenever I think about it. And he's right with it. We'll need a secret handshake - I think we had this on our map already?.
100% with you. I put it on and still think, "man, this is a cool watch". I have quite a few watches I'm that way about.

That's a great quote - I don't remember seeing it before. I'd like to think as a group we have a more unique perspective than most, of the finer aspects of watches.

It's been good wearing the same watch for a week. It feels like a trusty companion.

Reactions: Phil_G

·
Special Member
2,883 Posts
Actually saw Queen at that tour at Madison Square Garden. Great concert! Best parts were without Adam Lambert.

Rob

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
13,644 Posts
Day 6 with the next watch in the wings ....

902ADA0B-B481-4C5B-840B-98E7CC6D52A5_1_105_c.jpeg

Reactions: JaRe and Phil_G
61 - 80 of 142 Posts