The Watch Site banner
341 - 360 of 406 Posts

·
Special Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #341 ·
You are absolutely right - it’s a massiv built watch. Favorite of mine for sure. 866 here and I am looking forward to yours👍

·
Special Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #344 ·
Thanks James. In my opinion this watch is one of Seikos best out there. It got that vintage vibes paired with modern craftsmanship. It‘s a watch that can easily be worn every day. Perhaps not at some sort of black tie event, but I don’t see me there anyway😄 I have never been into divers but this piece turned my view upside down.

·
Special Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #346 ·
Awesome! Thanks for showing. Great to see another one appreciate the same beauty.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Let's try this again. Day One for a Cosmotron I found in the spare parts box, which fired up after a clean of the contacts and a battery change. 36,000 bph this sucker! Strap is a bit ill-fitting but all I have.
Beautiful, I do like a good Cosmotron. Mine is losing about 30s a day so it is also in need of some TLC.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's good to see you're wearing yours daily, too; it's built to be worn and loved, imo - not to be a safe queen. That seems like a waste to me. The honeymoon never ends with this beauty!
I'm not sure why so many people would rather slap on a garbage Uncle Seiko strap in lieu of its premium OEM silicone strap. I'm sure I'll get flak for saying that but, about a year ago, I bought one of their waffle straps and it was stiff and looked/felt cheap - especially next to the beautiful OEM strap. I read that replacement straps are at least $200, too. Now I see why; they're silicone and will last a lifetime. The U.Seiko waffle strap felt more like plastic than anything resembling even rubber. Silicone was a very smart idea - as was applying AR coating only on the inside of the crystal; having it on the outside is asking for it to be scratched (cough...Breitling).

·
Special Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #355 ·
Up with you James. I do prefer the original strap too and I think the watch is best worn on that and nothing else. I tried quite a few other options but nothing beats the original. I was already looking for a back up strap and they do come around for €275,- which is around USD 320,- at the moment. Quite pricey, but in my opinion it is worth the cost. And let’s be honest, it wears extremely comfortable on that strap. Funny you mention Breitling, had seen pics about the coating coming off on another watch forum some weeks ago. Looked terrible…
I'm not sure why so many people would rather slap on a garbage Uncle Seiko strap in lieu of its premium OEM silicone strap. I'm sure I'll get flak for saying that but, about a year ago, I bought one of their waffle straps and it was stiff and looked/felt cheap - especially next to the beautiful OEM strap. I read that replacement straps are at least $200, too. Now I see why; they're silicone and will last a lifetime. The U.Seiko waffle strap felt more like plastic than anything resembling even rubber. Silicone was a very smart idea - as was applying AR coating only on the inside of the crystal; having it on the outside is asking for it to be scratched (cough...Breitling).

·
Special Member
15,667 Posts
Preference. I don't care for silicone straps in general to be honest. Dust collectors and they aren't comfortable on my wrist. Uncle Seiko straps are nice quality and have a different feel to them. The strap that comes on this watch does look sharp but for me would depend on how it feels worn. Wouldn't hesitate switching if it didn't wear comfortable. It's better to feel marvelous than to look marvelous ...

·
Special Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #357 ·
Day 23 Regarding straps - the original one is by far the best option here. I did a lot of trying other bands as well, including Larrys. In this case they just cant compete with the original. This is one of the most comfortable straps I have ever worn. Soft but strong it snuggles up your wrist like it belongs there. It does catch dust a bit, but it is far off being a dust-magnet. Anything on it is easily wiped off with a finger. 100% perfect in my opinion.
Watch Hand Analog watch Gesture Watch accessory

·
Registered
15 Posts
Day 23 Regarding straps - the original one is by far the best option here. I did a lot of trying other bands as well, including Larrys. In this case they just cant compete with the original. This is one of the most comfortable straps I have ever worn. Soft but strong it snuggles up your wrist like it belongs there. It does catch dust a bit, but it is far off being a dust-magnet. Anything on it is easily wiped off with a finger. 100% perfect in my opinion.
View attachment 481836
Exactly.
Preference. I don't care for silicone straps in general to be honest. Dust collectors and they aren't comfortable on my wrist. Uncle Seiko straps are nice quality and have a different feel to them. The strap that comes on this watch does look sharp but for me would depend on how it feels worn. Wouldn't hesitate switching if it didn't wear comfortable. It's better to feel marvelous than to look marvelous ...
It feels great worn. That's the point. Uncle Seiko, on the other hand, felt horrible.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Exactly.

It feels great worn. That's the point. Uncle Seiko, on the other hand, felt horrible.
I really like the look and feel of the original strap on my SLA033, but I have a small wrist...a bit less than 6.5"...and so the end sticks out quite far past the keeper. Also, the bottom of the strap tends to belly out, since there is only one keeper on the band. For me, the Uncle Seiko straps tend to work better because they are shorter and have two keepers. My favorite so far has been their Tire Tread. It's fairly thick and pliant.

But it is definitely down to preference. The stock one is a darn nice strap.

341 - 360 of 406 Posts