The Watch Site banner
261 - 280 of 351 Posts

·
Special Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #261 ·
Day 7 with the SLA033. When I got her she gained 5 seconds a day. Not to my liking in this price class. So I regulated her myself for better results. Within the seven days of wearing she has not gained nor lost one second now. The 8l35 is a very stable running movement, no matter in which position the watch is put. So the first week leaves me really satisfied with the Willard reissue.

·
Special Member
15,317 Posts
you've taken some really nice photos this week. it's a fantastic looking watch ...

Reactions: Phil_G

·
Special Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #263 ·
Thank you Mike, coming from you I really appreciate it. It's day 8 here with the SLA033. As much as I love all the new watches I am lusting for some vintage by now. I should have a nice KS coming back from the spa ( to use this wonderful term of yours Mike) within the next days, this will probably get some wrist time than.

·
Special Member
15,317 Posts
I hear ya Phil ... It would appear we all have polyamorous relationships with our watches. :oops:

It would be hard for me to not divide my attention across different watches that suite different moods. I love my newer watches equally to my vintage.

I recently went thru a huge selling
spree (half my collection) to fund a few purchases. My Seiko TransOcean was one of them. It actually feels good to be at a reduced amount with the goal of giving more watches more wrist time and 7-day wears. Currently at 20 watches total and will bottom out around 17 .... it's an intimate group now.

·
Special Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 ·
Day 11. I wanted to switch today. Already had another one for some minutes on my wrist. For reasons unknown I switched back to the Sla. She wears very well, is still +-0/24 and has that absolute coolness factor. I know that I should be over something like that already years (decades) ago, but, but, ah damn it - it’s an extreme cool piece to wear. 😁😁

·
Special Member
15,317 Posts
I have a new one starting tonight :cool:

·
Special Member
15,317 Posts
Day 1 - Seamaster

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

·
Special Member
15,317 Posts
Day 2 - such an easy watch to wear ...

Watch Analog watch Hand Clock Watch accessory

·
Special Member
15,317 Posts
really nice - that pic shows off the dial texture nicely.

·
Special Member
15,317 Posts
Day 3

Watch Analog watch Arm Clock Watch accessory

·
Special Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #277 ·
I think this is more due the plexi. The dial has a little little bit of grain which can be seen in the right angle. Otherwise it’s smooth silver/white depending on the light.
really nice - that pic shows off the dial texture nicely.

·
Special Member
15,317 Posts
Day 4

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

·
Special Member
15,317 Posts
Day 5 - getting ready for another switch this weekend.
this watch wears so easy - don't even know I have it on ....

Watch Analog watch Product Clock Font

261 - 280 of 351 Posts