The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Special Member
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looks like we don’t have one of these by now. Perhaps for a good reason, but I will try to bring this one to life. The idea behind this thread is to wear a watch for at least seven days straight, without changing to another one. You can wear it as long as you want than, but minimum is the mentioned 7 days. I am doing that now for over a year and it is something I really can recommend. Takes the stress out of the „everyday a different watch“ thing, and makes you appreciate your watches even more. You can post from the first day on, it’s the will that counts, and everyone who joins in will be trusted that he will at least try to reach the full week. A pic everyday with the count of days already on the wrist is mandatory. A change before full circle is sanctioned with 10 push ups for every day missing for the full week. Proof with pics, vids, sending in your sweaty T-shirt.... So without further ado I will start with this little gem from December 1973.
Day 1

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm 64 years old, play golf at least once a week with a GPS golf watch, use a daily beater Monday-Friday, like to change watches at weekends or if socializing, so this is not going to fly for me. :cautious:
Oh, no offence, but you know which dark and dingy place you can put your push-ups in.;)

·
Registered
351 Posts
By the way, shouldn't you have posted this thread in the 'Off Topic' section?

·
Special Member
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm 64 years old, play golf at least once a week with a GPS golf watch, use a daily beater Monday-Friday, like to change watches at weekends or if socializing, so this is not going to fly for me. :cautious:
Oh, no offence, but you know which dark and dingy place you can put your push-ups in.;)
Reading the last sentence I think it is a good thing this thread is nothing for you. 😉

By the way, shouldn't you have posted this thread in the 'Off Topic' section?
Why? The usual WRUW threads are in this section too. Does the duration of wearing a watch dictate in which section the thread will go? If this is the case than mods please put it wherever you think it is appropriate.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Nice topic, I'll start with SLA, I'll wear it tomorrow.
And I do push-ups every day, it's a good idea to stay fit!

And about golf, I remembered a joke:
"Do you play golf? A friend asks ..
No, I don't play, I don't have potency problems yet "

·
Registered
498 Posts
I am not yet retired so if I were to desire to wear only one watch for an extended period of time it would have to be my work/beater for obvious reasons. That being said my gen1 Sumo keeps quite a few watches "out" of rotation because I prefer it so much more.
Watches to do "not" add any stress to my life, they perform just the opposite effect. As for pics, rules, proof and push ups? Get a grip please and consider where you are posting :)
new pepsi 2.jpg

·
Special Member
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Perhaps we should bring it down to one push up for each day missing😀 Just see it as a motivational help to reach the full week😉

This is always a challenge for most of us however I'm not sure the threat of doing push ups for non-compliance is the right approach......at least for me anyway because whenever I get the feeling to exercise, I lie down until that feeling goes away ;)

·
Special Member
2,029 Posts
I wear the same watch for weeks at a time, if not longer for some. that's why it's hard to play WRUW for me; I have to make an effort to change it up! I probably could be a one watch guy! ..........bwahahahahaha!

<* shark >>><

·
Special Member
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Than this thread is the right place for you.
I wear the same watch for weeks at a time, if not longer for some. that's why it's hard to play WRUW for me; I have to make an effort to change it up! I probably could be a one watch guy! ..........bwahahahahaha!

<* shark >>><

·
Special Member
13,644 Posts
Phil - I think this is a good idea. I believe in preparedness, and the time will come in the South of France when we can't get off the Prince's (or Princess's) royal yacht and we're going to have to tough it out with one watch for a week (or until we are asked to leave). I'll play while I'm still young. I put this on last night but can easily wear it a week.

Day 1

CFBEC608-AF1E-427A-8D92-6C8B6F270882_1_105_c.jpeg
F1E4C8D4-6BED-4311-BADD-4BBC815D815C_1_105_c.jpeg

·
Special Member
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great to see you chime in Mike. Really appreciate it! That awesome true Pogue of yours is a watch that could easily qualify for one of the “if only three watches“ slots we do play from time to time. Already looking forward to see it in this thread.
Regarding our “yachting thing“ - perhaps not on the Prince(ss) yacht, but who knows, life is full of surprises.
Phil - I think this is a good idea. I believe in preparedness, and the time will come in the South of France when we can't get off the Prince's (or Princess's) royal yacht and we're going to have to tough it out with one watch for a week (or until we are asked to leave). I'll play while I'm still young. I put this on last night but can easily wear it a week.

Day 1

View attachment 471097 View attachment 471098

1 - 20 of 148 Posts