The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ended up taking the plunge on the new Arnie. There are some interesting things that I have noticed about the watch that I thought I would point out.

First, and probably the neatest detail, is that the new Arnie has a sloped bezel, just like the old one (and other older Seiko divers). The crystal sits lower than the top of the bezel, and the insert slopes down to meet it. The insert also has a nice texture.

On a side note, the bezel is raised slightly above the shroud. While the bezel action is very cheap feeling, it is also a lot easier to turn than a tuna bezel.

Second, the watch has flat hands with no visible bevel. The hands are also brushed, which adds a nice touch.

Third, the wave logo on the case back has a frosted texture. This seems to me to be a tribute to the earlier Seiko divers that had a similar texture. The case back has a mirror polish which I am not a fan of, as it picks up micro scratches very easily. But it is flat which helps the watch to sit flatter on the wrist

In any event, I feel that there was a lot of attention to detail put into this watch, and whoever created it was a fan of the details in the old watches.

Time to get to the choppa!

·
Special Member
2,325 Posts
Excellent Review :) Thanks for Sharing. I'm a Big Fan of this watch and IMO the re-issue New Arnie might even be better than the Original. Oh No Neilo....I hope I didn't open another can of worms ;)

I've Got to Get One of These!

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Excellent Review :) Thanks for Sharing. I'm a Big Fan of this watch and IMO the re-issue New Arnie might even be better than the Original. Oh No Neilo....I hope I didn't open another can of worms ;)

I've Got to Get One of These!
Kyle Sir “Can Open Worms 🐛 Everywhere”🙈😂

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! I love the pics, keep em coming.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts