The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
29,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One night this week I had the time to fit the new bezel i got hold of for my 6139-6020, two min job.

Sorted the kit out and got geared up, checked the size of the die needed to press the bezel on but when I attempted to press it into place the plastic/acetal dies just expanded and opened up, tried a couple but no joy :(

Only one option make a metal one, I had a lump of bronze knocking about so into the "workshop"/garage fired the Myford up and 30 mins later got a new die for the job.

Tried with the new bronze die and there was that satisfying click as the bezel went into place, nothing tends to be easy does it ? :)

I love a nice/new bezel.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Nice job John, I too had the same issue the other day. I got the crystal in for a 6119 Sports and the plastic die just expanded. Luckily I picked up a set of metal dies for a Seiko S-220 a few months ago. Even still my hand press wouldn't do the job. I had to hold everything lined up and use my bench vise to press it on.

·
Administrator
29,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice job John, I too had the same issue the other day. I got the crystal in for a 6119 Sports and the plastic die just expanded. Luckily I picked up a set of metal dies for a Seiko S-220 a few months ago. Even still my hand press wouldn't do the job. I had to hold everything lined up and use my bench vise to press it on.

Nice job Jerry, I sold all my Seiko dies with the press, just dident like the Seiko press and find I get on much better with my cheapy screw down press.

·
Premium Member
9,172 Posts
well done John. I wish I had a dollar for every "two minute" job in my life that ended in hours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts