The Watch Site banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
3D printing

If anyone has a 3D printer they can theoretically make replacement inserts in any size and in a variety of materials.

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
well it looks like you will do a great job with that airbrush....hey Zenciti....you are correct...with 3d printers..we can replicate just about anything now....very cool

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
well that is great new too...Hey Haloeight..i have a question about the 3d printers...can u use them to prototype parts?..like if i were trying to duplicate bezels?..any help will so be appreciated...John

·
Registered
885 Posts
Belated bump - still no interest from SCWF members ?

Today I eventually got round to sending Harold Ng an email asking whether he might be interested in producing them. No reply as yet.

I suspect it's unlikely. He told me he sells on average less than 5 per month of his existing 7A28 / 7A38 repro' bezel insert. :undecided:

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
I have a couple of watches that use a 36.5 mm bezel insert that no one makes. I made my own using printable water slide decal paper. The same type used for model decals. Hobby Lobby here in the U.S. has blank sheets, they can also be found on the internet. I remove the adhesive and use UV crystal adhesive instead, then a couple of layers of clear coat over it. I glue it to an existing bad insert. The Rolex 315-5512, 315-553, 315-1665, 315-1680, 315-9401 are 36.55 and work for that size like found on the 6309-836A, the 7546-606X that use a 36.5mm insert.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Bezel inserts can easily be cut from aluminium on a CNC machine, to any size or thickness, its always the printing thats the hard part.

I once used a product called Letteraset for display work but they are gone now, they produced printed sheets of letters and numbers in very small sizes but they would rub off with your finger, perhaps we could find a dial printer who could do a small production run with a good quality ink, if the print die was cheap enough, or could be made on a 3 d printer.

I how ever would love an aftermarket BEZEL maker

·
Registered
4,799 Posts

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
If someone would make a decent insert for the 62MAS they'd do well but it just never happened, despite numerous enquiries in this regard

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
If someone would make a decent insert for the 62MAS they'd do well but it just never happened, despite numerous enquiries in this regard

Because there’s not much demand. 62mas inserts will only fit a 62mas. How many 62mas watches out there have inserts so bad that owners would prefer aftermarket? With how picky collectors are about a watch’s originality, i imagine only the worst of the worse will be replaced. So only a small percentage of an already small population of watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 32 of 32 Posts