1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Woohoo! I am so funny sometimes!! :p

A large EMS bag arrived from Japan.

Click for Big Image

Ahh, the manila envelope. This must be from one of my new favorite sellers!

Click for Big Image

Yup, the little cardboard box is a give-away!

Click for Big Image

With very scientific packing inside...

Click for Big Image

The watch bundle...

Click for Big Image

Oooo, getting closer...

Click for Big Image

Ta-daa! A really "clean" 1960s Seiko Goldfeather! This has a high quality, but very thin, 25 jewel hand-wind movement. One of the competitive "pushes" of the early 1960s era was about who could make the thinnest movement, and Seiko, Citizen and some of the Swiss manufacturers traded the "top spot" during this period.

Click for Big Image

This particular model has a "spiral" dial design.

Click for Big Image

I wondered if the dial was legitimate but the seller showed in one of the reference books that it was, along with the 25 jewel movement.

This picture of the crown side shows what I meant when I said this watch would "thin" my collection!

BWAHA-HA-HA-HA! Aren't I funny? ;)

Click for Big Image

The equally thin common side.

Click for Big Image

The lovely case-back. Inside the case-back, the serial number starts with a "0", but I think it is more likely to be a 1963 or so.

Click for Big Image

I will put a better strap on it, something lighter and with more red in the color, but for now, here is it is on my wirst. I think it looks sensational! So thin, so elegant! :)

Click for Big Image

The hand-winding is very smooth, and the second hand started up on the first turn. I get the feeling this watch is in very good condition, especially considering it is around 55 years old!

Thanks for looking in!

- Thomas

·
Registered
1,577 Posts

Woohoo! I am so funny sometimes!! :p
Well, you're killing me !:wee_hee:

Another drooler :58:. Please stop !:banghead:

I'm dreading the day you do a gallery, 'cos I sure as hell won't get any work done that day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts