The Watch Site banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This one is a little unusual and not that commonly seen here, a Seiko belt buckle 2100-3180.

I first saw the Seiko belt buckle model listed in a book a few years ago. I have seen a few come up for sale but they have always been quite expensive and were outside the price range I was prepared to pay for a watch I know I will likely never wear.

A few weeks ago this one came up with a very low buy it now price.

The buckle has an engraved case with repeating patterns on the main surfaces.

The case has a section on one end that clamps the leather belt and secures the end. The belt then loops around the the end is threaded through the buckle similar to a nato strap.

The securing end of the buckle has a serrated rubber wedge that keeps the belt from slipping once threaded through.

The buckle did not come with a belt so I put it onto this tan leather strap.

When worn the crown faces up and the case is folded down to check the time.

The watch itself is relatively small at just over 30mm high. The face is around 1 inch square and is powered by a 17J small ladies 21D movement.

This model was sold between 1974 and 1975 for the comparatively low cost of 15,000 yen. I would imagine that this watch is rarely seen due to the low cost and the limited appeal of the model.

The only other similar model that I am aware of is this Seiko Unique from the 60's. This model came in a solid silver case and was supplied with a storage pouch.

The model was apparently targeted towards the newly popular golfing market. This makes sense as we all know mechanical watches, especially from this period, did not react to well to the shocks involved with golf.

Hope you enjoyed seeing this unusual model.

·
Registered
475 Posts
A very interesting "watch" dunno if I would see the time due to encroaching belly :p

Thanks for the history and pics. wear and enjoy :)

·
Registered
709 Posts
They seem to have come with a boring black plastic belt but had a nice blue box.

And another pic of the Unique Golf version

- martin

·
Registered
198 Posts
C'mon! A wrist shot please! ;)

Thanks for posting, never seen one of these before

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the extra photos Martin it is good to see the original packaging.

Is the first example yours?

I recognize the blue towel from the Unique golf model, was this from a recent auction?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As requested here is a waist shot.

Here is also a wrist shot.

I put it onto a 24mm nato strap and it works surprisingly well.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thanks! I love it! And yes, definitely wearable both on the wrist and waist ...

·
Registered
709 Posts
Thanks for the extra photos Martin it is good to see the original packaging.

Is the first example yours?

I recognize the blue towel from the Unique golf model, was this from a recent auction?
That is mine, from Yahoo Japan some time ago. There were a few listed as complete sets.

The other one is also mine but I could not find it to take a picture so I used the auction pic from the seller :).

Love the nato-strap idea, must try that.

- martin

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is mine, from Yahoo Japan some time ago. There were a few listed as complete sets.

The other one is also mine but I could not find it to take a picture so I used the auction pic from the seller :).
Thanks Martin, I was wondering how you knew that the belt was a cheap plastic material as it has always looked leather from the photos I have seen.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts