The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This (0923-8010) also arrived with the postman this morning,from Japan. The photo shows the condition it came in, haven't touched it at all.I'm not familiar with the QZ series, how 'special' are they? (love the Kanji day wheel :cool:)
Compared to the normal price I pay for watches (max about £20 inc p&p) I paid a lot for this at £50 inc p&p from Japan, was it worth it?
Only down side is that the bracelet is on the small side, anyone got a couple of spare links? ;)

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
This (0923-8010) also arrived with the postman this morning,from Japan. The photo shows the condition it came in, haven't touched it at all.I'm not familiar with the QZ series, how 'special' are they? (love the Kanji day wheel :cool:)
Compared to the normal price I pay for watches (max about £20 inc p&p) I paid a lot for this at £50 inc p&p from Japan, was it worth it?
Only down side is that the bracelet is on the small side, anyone got a couple of spare links? ;)

Nice one:)
You can fit a clasp extender to get the extra length required.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Paul, I had the same idea and rooted around amongst my 'scrap' bracelets and found one, watch now fits without cutting off the blood supply to my hand. ;)
I did a bit more research and it would appear that the QZ series were the Japanese home market equivalent of the 4004 export series, though much better finished, with a 15sec/month 0923 movement, instead of the 0903 20 sec/month one fitted to the export watches and a solid link bracelet, feels like a quartz version of the LM watches. :cool:
I have now found the same watch in the 1975 Seiko catalogue, not sure what 41,000 Yen was worth in 1975, but sounds moderately expensive.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Nice, I like these watches. Simple and elegant and with a nice weight that belies their size.

Congrats!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts