The Watch Site banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my very first TSUNAMI from mr. Fuller, 2 days ago. Just one word to describe the watch to you, guys: PERFECTION!!

This is the chance for anyone who wants a 6309-7040, but is not into vintage pieces and all of the nuances involved with maintainance issues associated with old pieces. Here's a watch that's brand new and will offer you decades of stress free and easy to attain parts for replacements, in case you ever need'em.

Noah, CONGRATULATIONS on an excelent piece, my man! You nailed it BIG TIME with the Tsunami. The watch gets 11 out of a 10 note!!

I'll let the pics do the talking...

Hope you all enjoyed this. Thanks for reading it!

Regards,
CHRIS

·
Registered
209 Posts
Everything about that piece is just beautiful Chris. Two things that caught my attention are the bracelet choice which works great and the edition numbering on the caseback which a nice touch. Great pics too!

edit: how could one not like drill lugs - those rock!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
^-^ Congrats Chris! Glad to see your Tsunami baby arrived.
I see your #002. Cool. Enjoy that bad boy. I've always got it on, even when I start off with another, its my go to watch. ;)

Mine says hi.
Dave.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Congrats on the Tsunami 8) The more I see it the more I need/want one :))

That bracelet is sick.... I love it! 22mm all the way...no taper.

How does the bezel "action" compare to MM, Emperor or Darth???

Cheers ;D
Shannon

·
Special Member
4,557 Posts
Wow, congrats to your tsunami, chris, looks awesome! Do you happen to have a z22 flat vent strap handy? I would love to see a picture of this combo... :)

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Isthmus said:
Good LORD! That's highway robbery. Why so high? is it to encourage local production and consumption?
No Gabe. It's just to engorge the Govern deep pockets! :mad: I have already discussed this matter on the old forum, and was almost beaten up by some members when I said the only way we could be a WIS in my country is to 'overturn' and 'detour' some rules and regulations from imported goods legislation. In my way of thinking, NO ONE has a right to keep me from enjoying my hobby of collecting watches, since I work for my living and for my family, and my money is made HONESTLY and reaches my bank account already discounted from the due taxes. This practice is imposed by the Government and has already been contested in Justice. But they insist on implement it, which to me constitutes an outright extorsion by the powers that be. It's definitely NO FUNNY job or easy task be a WIS in my country, that's why I always rely upon my overseas WIS friends' 'colaboration' when buying from them and arranging shipping.

The government imposes such high taxes in order to make "social justice" to the poorer, and also to cover their incompetency in public expenses and keep an even keel to the trading balance..... :D Yeah, right.....We know better, here.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Isthmus said:
Why so high? is it to encourage local production and consumption?
That is (was) the official reasoning, at least when the law was implemented decades ago. But it's obvious that it's not the case - never was, in fact.
And the Swedes complain about their taxes... ::)

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Chris i love it,my only question is with there not being Seiko actually on the Dial will you think it will detract away from its actual Value in the Future.
Otherwise the watch does exactly what it says,Chunky,Great updated movement and looks the Business.
Congrats my man. ;)

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TheNeilo(AqualandKing) said:
Chris i love it,my only question is with there not being Seiko actually on the Dial will you think it will detract away from its actual Value in the Future.
Otherwise the watch does exactly what it says,Chunky,Great updated movement and looks the Business.
Congrats my man. ;)
Neilo, my friend......frankly, that question never passed on my mind, to be honest. ???

But nevertheless, this doesn't bother me one bit, since the watch won't ever be sold. This is a serious keeper, that's for sure. You have to feel it on the wrist to seriously appreciate it.

Thanks for the compliments.
CHRIS

·
Administrator
32,789 Posts
TheNeilo(AqualandKing) said:
Congrats my man. ;)
Chris looks great mate, just wondering after reading Neils comment about the dial what would you think it would look like with a genuine MM dial and hand set in it and the next question how do you think it would then compare to a MM ?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TheTigerUK said:
Chris looks great mate, just wondering after reading Neils comment about the dial what would you think it would look like with a genuine MM dial and hand set in it and the next question how do you think it would then compare to a MM ?
John, I think a MM dial and hands combo would look great on this case. Noah has already made a 001/001 mod model, where he installed dial, hands and chapter ring of a sumo inside the Tsunami case. It looked awesome. I don't know if you could fit a MM dial in it. It's a fact that MM hands can be installed on this watch, as our friend sharkfin dave has a set installed on his exemplar.

But I'm crazy about the 6309. I'm head over hills for it, in fact. So much so that I always dreamed of its reissue made by seiko. Unfortunately, the powers that be there are freaking deaf! Thanks goodness we have Noah who answered the prayers for us, 6309 die hard fans. I always called the Tsunami a modern era 6309. So it's a natural fact that once the Tsunami was out, my own exemplar would be a homage to the great 6309. It never crossed my mind have a Tsunami modded with MM parts. I own a MM and would not want a modded one. Now, for the 6309, seiko missed the boat to relaunch it, so in comes Noah.

In my opinion the XW dial as a homage to the 6309 is VERY BEAUTIFUL. It paid total respect to the original version, if you ask me.

I love my Tsunami!
Noah, THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH! :-*

chris

1 - 17 of 17 Posts