The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hot from the posties hands Today for your consideration a lovely Seiko Kinetic 5M62 to go with its Brother the Quartz 7T92.
All the way in record speed from San Francisco to the UK from a Great Guy i must give the thumbs up to....Mr Rich Ocskay for sending me this gorgeous New Style Seiko Kinetic.With the added bonus of a Gorgeous Kevlar Strap.
Ive never had a Watch with this strap before but after slipping it on today i must admit its got to be one of the most comfortable Straps i have ever had on my Wrist.Rich i thank you for the great watch and super fast post to my work.
It came with 4mths charge still in the movement and unmarked condition.
Looks good with its brother the quartz Chrono edition. 8) Excuse the quickfire shots,im on my way out.Neilo.

Brothers together

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
nice Caesar and handsome strap. n thing though, it is a Kevlar style rubberized nylon strap. Still; a great strap and very appropriate for this kind of watch, Just don't think it's kevlar. IIRC there are only a couple of companies that have attempted to make those. They are generally expensive, ugly, and a spectacular pain in the rear to build. because of the toughness of the fibers, you can't just cut them or punch adjustment holes into them without very specialized equipment.

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isthmus said:
nice Caesar and handsome strap. n thing though, it is a Kevlar style rubberized nylon strap. Still; a great strap and very appropriate for this kind of watch, Just don't think it's kevlar. IIRC there are only a couple of companies that have attempted to make those. They are generally expensive, ugly, and a spectacular pain in the rear to build. because of the toughness of the fibers, you can't just cut them or punch adjustment holes into them without very specialized equipment.

Gabe it must be figure of speech when i see them advertised as Kevlar Straps.Thanks for the heads up.Rubberised it definately is and very supple.One of the nicest straps i have worn in a long time. ;)

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mrteatime said:
ive often thought about those two seiko's....there damn fine looking......what sort of size are they?

Thanks MrTeatime.The dimensions ive just measured seems to be 50mm with crowns and the watch comes in at a respectable 46mm without.Just my kind of size.Big and Chunky.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts