The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Special Member
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some ebay sellers are new and have no clue how to ship their sold listings. I know Tiger once made a great thread about this issue.

So I buy a sweet old, great shape bracelet and the seller (who only has 10 feedbacks) just drops it into a regular plain jane letter size envelope and affixes a single first class stamp. Now you know it's way overweight just for the postage alone and shouldn't have been delivered.

So here's the envelope as it arrived to me.
Big rip, big hole. No bracelet, no surprise.

The guy did return my purchase price plus the shipping charge so I have no complaint other than wishing I could have gotten it and played around with it on some of my old Seikos. Changing and upgrading bracelets is always fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
628 Posts
So I know it's a huge bummer when something like that happens (sorry!), but on this one my primary reaction was laughter. Not so much the seller having "no clue how to ship their sold listings" so much as apparently never having mailed anything, ever. Or understanding basic physics. I've had some lousy packing jobs in my day, but that's gotta be some kind of record...

·
Registered
179 Posts
So Sorry to hear that.

Thankfully there are many more good sellers than bad. Sounds like he made a naive mistake, rather than a deliberate attempt to save money on shipping. He was honest enough to refund your costs. Hopefully he learned his lesson and will pack things better in the future.

Better luck next time.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Well, I am glad you got your money back so you can chuckle a little. Too bad about not getting the bracelet, though.

On the absolute other side of the coin, I sometimes get home after a couple weeks of travel and have some nice packages waiting and feverishly start tearing away at them. As one who likes instant gratification, I am always stymied by how much tape and bubble wrap one can layer around a watch! :)

·
Registered
657 Posts
I ran into the exact same situation with a 6139 President.

I could tell the seller used a previously-shipped envelope because the tape over the tear was exactly the same as the tape on the only thing left inside of the envelope. The cellophane tape had let loose and the extra link was the only thing there. I didn't want to point any fingers because that only makes people defensive, so I acted like I thought the Post Office did it. The seller was nice about the whole thing and refunded the money, but, like Grammar, I was out the bracelet.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
That's why I always use duct tape ("ducktape") to prevent these mishaps. (in the rare occasion I'm able to sell something ;) )

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Bummer.

On the plus side you can still heat the stamp of and reuse it since it hasn't been cancelled :67:

·
Registered
10 Posts
That really does suck. Makes me thankful Harold wraps entire envelopes in packaging tape.

Collateral damage certainly would be the stamps. Glad to hear you're getting a refund too.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
When posting something, it is worth using wrapping tape to contain
what is in the package always do that.
Then there will be now .........." Regret's on both sides.".
And also request the shipping person to do the same.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts