The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is up on Chino.

Not cheap at US$1,300, but it looks like a quality piece. I really like the GS styling. If I had US$1,500 to spend on a business dress watchwhich could also go casual, this would be near the top of my list.

So choice!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Not really hot and new. ;D That model (Royal Orient WE0021EK) has been available since October 2008. Previous to that it was an Orient Star Royal WZ0011FC which was available since (at least) 2002. Here's a pic of it as an Orient Star Royal. Apart from a name change when it rose to a Royal Orient, it did get an upgraded movement. ;D

·
Registered
294 Posts
Actually, my 60th Anniversary model Orient arrived yesterday and it is very nice ;D
(the little display stand came with it)

·
Registered
450 Posts
kew said:
Actually, my 60th Anniversary model Orient arrived yesterday and it is very nice ;D
(the little display stand came with it)

[/quote]

^-^ Kew,

Very nice very classic!

in fact, i was considering between this and the gold (or rose gold) tone...

do you have pic of the caseback? i am really curious what it is like.

it is a manual winding piece right?

>:D >:D

thanks!

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
That Royal is nice. I like the subtle detailing on the hands and markers.

I bet that dial is a wonder to be seen in person.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
If I'm not mistaken (very possible), the RO is around 37 mm, a bit small for my tastes. On the other hand, kew's 60th Anniversary is absolutely perfect.

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
$1,300 for a GS level Royal Orient is actually pretty cheap ;)

Beautiful watch and one that I would give future consideration.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, it struck me as quite good value too. Especially when compared with the new mechanical The Citizen and GS models. I'm not saying it's in the same league, but at least on the outside it's looking close.

I'll never forget being ridiculed for suggesting a comparison between (comparably priced) Royal Orient and Corum on WUS. But I'd take this RO over some discounted Bubble on ebay any day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts