The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I was able to eventually build a decent collection of Seikos I wanted for their function as well as design simplicity...never worried about collectibility or future value...the 6105 I picked up for $75 when Wayne Lee was the owner/moderator of the S/C forum..a fair deal by the seller and a nice savings for me...NOTHING has been done to this watch and the only issue is not having the locking pin for the crown...
The Marine Master was a reward to myself after i had been given a cash award for a carving I had done for Habitat for Humanity in an annual auction they have to raise money through an event...I am the second owner and it cost me $1050..a sum I would never have even considered if not for the "free" money.
Both of these keep time within 5 sec/day which is meaningless to most people and when you are retired it is something to laugh about...if you know what I mean.
While I have another 20 or so watches in my overall collection, quite enough for my current and future needs, I wear these about 70% of the time and have had quite a few comments and inquiries on the 6105..
If you have either or both of these I would be sure to keep them since they are truly classics...
Cheers
Rich

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
they are a great pair...i would not sell them either...glad to see you did some help for Habitat for Humanity too....that has a special place in my heart too...

·
Special Member
4,891 Posts
I love my 6105, but I hardly wear it afraid to put scratches on it since they don't grow on trees. Definitely a keeper, don't have an MM yet but will also be a keeper when I finally get it. Btw, if the spring drive 600MM had conventional lugs it would be great IMHO.

·
Registered
93 Posts
6105 was on my grail list for quite some time....at the end,bought it,and love it!
Mm300 is on that list...I hope I'll get it soon :thumbup:

·
Administrator
30,703 Posts
I love my 6105, but I hardly wear it afraid to put scratches on it since they don't grow on trees. Definitely a keeper, don't have an MM yet but will also be a keeper when I finally get it. Btw, if the spring drive 600MM had conventional lugs it would be great IMHO.
If you love it Ray wear it, "Better to have loved and scratched than never loved at all" :)

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
My 6105 was purchased by me several years ago by a former decorated Navy SEAL friend of mine and is my most highly prized watch in my collection...
This is the watch and the pic is of my friend......

·
Special Member
4,891 Posts
If you love it Ray wear it, "Better to have loved and scratched than never loved at all" :)
Yeah, you're right it will have to come along today. I baby all my watches but some more than others. For example, the watches and picture on the op are great but it makes me focus that they are in contact with the abrasive brick surface. I always take off my watches if I'm going to be doing mechanical work, like removing a blower motor etc., so one of these days I'm gonna loose one or have it stolen, trying not to put a scratch on it. It makes better sense to wear them and scratch em.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
My 6105 was purchased by me several years ago by a former decorated Navy SEAL friend of mine and is my most highly prized watch in my collection...
This is the watch and the pic is of my friend......

Very, very cool indeed. A watch with known history is indeed truly a rare watch.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Yeah, you're right it will have to come along today. I baby all my watches but some more than others. For example, the watches and picture on the op are great but it makes me focus that they are in contact with the abrasive brick surface. I always take off my watches if I'm going to be doing mechanical work, like removing a blower motor etc., so one of these days I'm gonna loose one or have it stolen, trying not to put a scratch on it. It makes better sense to wear them and scratch em.

A nice pair:) Which is a phrase I say to my wife:grin:

At least with the 6105 parts can be obtained for it if worst comes to worst.

·
Special Member
1,816 Posts
hahaha...hey ray, then you would have shuddered watching me reach for a bolt that I dropped into the engine compartment of my car while cleaning the air filter. I didn't even think about it =)

<* shark >>><

1 - 14 of 14 Posts