The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
29,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last couple of years I have been trying to get my 6139s fully serviced whether needed or not as they are all getting on for 50 year old so a bit of love won't hurt them and hopefully keep them going for another good few years so off they went to James for the works (thanks).

The 6000 Proof I bought from the watch fair a couple of years ago in pretty decent condition and for a good price, this had the full service but I kept the original crystal even though it had a couple of miner marks or patina :)

The Gold 6002 also came from the watch fair last year sometime but Jim bought it and I took it off him in a trade (thanks Jim).

VERY pleased with how these two came out and again special thanks to James, they now get the red tag treatment.

Any of my watches with a known service history get a red tag fixed to them to highlight the service details.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Lovely watches. Always nice to have one's watches sorted, knowing they're good for a while yet.
What do the tags look like?

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Two Keepers John!
I need to employ the red tag treatment. It's so easy to loose track.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Gorgeous examples. Good to know they are fit as a fiddle now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Very nice John. I solved the tag problem by having the seller ship 35 of the my previously owned 39 watches directly to Tom or Simon....other than the 4 that I purchased from Spencer. I am now down to one beater 7002(serviced by Jerry) and two 7002's ( one is NOS) thanks Tom!, one 6309-729A, one 7t32, and my TST (serviced by Simon).
Michael

·
Special Member
2,630 Posts
Beauties...Both of Them! Fully serviced and ready for another 50 years of Service :)

Amazing how these old Seikos just keep going and going and going.

·
Administrator
29,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Red tag system, looking at this tray it is easy for me to see the ones serviced, the 6005 bottom left runs fine but not serviced so that will be next after the second from left returns home.

Never really thought about it before but there is quite some value in that tray in service costs alone !! :)

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
The Red tag system, looking at this tray it is easy for me to see the ones serviced, the 6005 bottom left runs fine but not serviced so that will be next after the second from left returns home.

Never really thought about it before but there is quite some value in that tray in service costs alone !! :)

View attachment 451584
Very nice collection of 6139's!
Are we having a Red Tag Sale John??

·
Special Member
4,595 Posts
Over the last couple of years I have been trying to get my 6139s fully serviced whether needed or not as they are all getting on for 50 year old so a bit of love won't hurt them and hopefully keep them going for another good few years so off they went to James for the works (thanks).

The 6000 Proof I bought from the watch fair a couple of years ago in pretty decent condition and for a good price, this had the full service but I kept the original crystal even though it had a couple of miner marks or patina :)

The Gold 6002 also came from the watch fair last year sometime but Jim bought it and I took it off him in a trade (thanks Jim).

VERY pleased with how these two came out and again special thanks to James, they now get the red tag treatment.

Any of my watches with a known service history get a red tag fixed to them to highlight the service details.

View attachment 451560

·
Special Member
2,630 Posts
You may want to check on your H-Link Bracelets as I believe one of your spring bar pins has fallen out :)

·
Special Member
2,630 Posts
When you leave the old discarded spring bar pins under the pillow for the tooth fairy to collect overnight do you wake up the next morning with a few pounds under the pillow and a little richer :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts