1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
well Louis ...you sure do know how to fix anything

·
Registered
629 Posts
Nice work Longbike! You are an inspiration.
I'm hoping to rejuvenate an Analog Aqualand this year, hope I can bring it back to life.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'm hoping to rejuvenate an Analog Aqualand this year, hope I can bring it back to life.
Shovel if you need something or some help just let me know maybe I know some thing about it.
No Problem. Also maybe I can learn something from you in doing these.
Aloha LongBike

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Louis is the guy to ask for help...he is a great friend and a excellent watchsmith too

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys , yes and they are so many now.
Must be well over ..... 50 of these watchs now and
have to find space also. This is a handful of what is here now.:57:
Aloha

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
wow...Louis over 50 aqualands....wow..Neilo would be jealous

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have a CO23-089405 that will work when I put batteries in, but then kills the batteries and stops working within a month or so.

Do you have any helpful tips?

Thank you.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
That is a lot of ....." Drainage " in that one. Maybe a ( Bad Coil ) needs to be changed.
I have found bad coils caused me some headache's in the past when first doing them. Coil should read ...
( 1.5 ) strong with a tester if a am correct, but others could advise more on that.
Also when the coil is removed be careful the ... watch Body does not separate for the ...
" Pusher Levers " to get out of alignment. Always double check everything to be sure before ...Assembling.
Limited amount of .... Oil to be put if used, because the oil will leak onto the circuit Board and can cause ...
" Shortage's ".
Grease might be a lot better I have found out.
The circuit board (Quartz Crystal ) can be changed also. Also have you ever removed the Circuit Board
to be cleaned yet. I wash them in ..... " Isophyl Alcohol ", using a small artist brush , very lightly
and carefully, then a .... Hair Dryer from some distance.
C- Series use's only (1) coil in them.
________________________________________________________________________________________
Looks like this inside after stripping. But be very careful how you handle them. Tiny wires to break on the coil.
Also always use a ....." Plastic Tweezer " around and for use of removing the .... " Circuit Board and the Coils ".
Hope this will help a little.
If you need some help , maybe I can help with some thing, just P/M Me.
Aloha Louis / Longbike
Note:
Do you see those little ...... " Plastic PEG'S " on the mother Board ? They break very easy so be careful around them.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Shovel make sure your batteries are taken out soon. Q-Tip the Battery hole's also to be sure of
residue and moisture in them.
Aloha

·
Registered
629 Posts
Shovel make sure your batteries are taken out soon. Q-Tip the Battery hole's also to be sure of
residue and moisture in them.
Aloha
Yeah thanks, I always use IPA to clean everything and the battery is out. Popping the hands off will be next - which makes me nervous...had a bad first experience with that, but it will be fun.

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
great advice and excellent work

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Yeah thanks, I always use IPA to clean everything and the battery is out. Popping the hands off will be next - which makes me nervous...had a bad first experience with that, but it will be fun.
Shovel if you use these Hand tools be sure to not squeeze the ( Drive Gear Shaft holding the hands to tight ), some times the Shaft slips out of the (drive gear ) in the movement, then you have to re-press it back on because it is a Grooved Slip on fit to lock it. Some times it is a Buggar and wont lock back and has to be replaced. Watch that the Dial is protected also. Separate the Body's with tooth picks to be safe and not mar or scratch anything on the Board.
Just a few points if needed Sir.
Shovel of interest question : Is this your first Aqualand attempt to do Sir ?
( Also watch Those Peg's Please )
Aloha

Attachments

·
Registered
629 Posts
Analog...

I'll be tearing into a 5862 analog Aqualand. The first attempt for this model, but I've taken apart a a C023 for practice.
I have some hand pullers, don't know if I should remove all five hands at once or one at a time?

Oh yeah, when I opened this watch up, it had a funky burnt chemically smell. Doesn't look like it ever had a battery leak.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It had seen its last days on the Circuit Board area.
But fixable that one , so go to it and do a good job
and it will run again soon.
Aloha

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I just try to do things and like being busy too.
To bad I cannot find other watch's to do more.
I like big old ones but they are hard to find.
My likings are like those .....
Alsta's and many like those types. Old ones that no body
will like I would love to find them. Even if only start with the case
and Crystal, Case Backs.
Aloha

1 - 20 of 30 Posts