The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another aquisition today in the mail from my good friend Rich Ocskasy in San Francisco.
Now this is one watch ive always been curious about,Ive seen the Robert Swan Version and know these dont come up too often in this condition if at all so i had to have it.
Promaster?....Mmmmm it has the looks of a scaled down Zilla but with a hefty sized case but quite small Dial,all the same i think its so different and im hooked on it.Very light weight and good size overall with a really nice standard strap.All told im thrilled to own one now,Great addition to my collection.Rich your packaging and speed of delivery from across the pond beggars belief.So quick my friend and a perfect condition Watch.Thanks again.Great stuff.Came in an Original Box,Warranty card and instruction Manual.Perfect.

See what you think of it.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Re: Theres Tough,Then theres Citizen Super Tough...>>>>Thanks Rich Ocskasy...

Wow, Neil, your on a roll. Very nice on the eyes for me, all you acquisitions. :)

This one is serious business. I'm diggin this big time.
It reminds me of a bad ass 1000m diver like a UTS or EM. Something big, hunk of metal. Like what a free diver like Jean Reno in the Big Blue. ;) (love that movie)
Very cool Neil, how doe she fit/look on the ole wrist?

Cheers, Dave.

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks Dave.It wears Really Well,so light on the wrist as its made of a lot of what seems composite Rubber like stuff as well as stainless steel.Its one ive been after for a long time.Thanks for the compliments Dave.
Here ya Go.

sharkfinDave said:
Wow, Neil, your on a roll. Very nice on the eyes for me, all you acquisitions. :)

This one is serious business. I'm diggin this big time.
It reminds me of a bad patootie 1000m diver like a UTS or EM. Something big, hunk of metal. Like what a free diver like Jean Reno in the Big Blue. ;) (love that movie)
Very cool Neil, how doe she fit/look on the ole wrist?

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts

Really liking that one Neil...very nice indeed!
Jem

·
Registered
425 Posts

8) Great watch Neil!! I was considering it also when it was posted for sale. Anyway, I have found one which is an all black version. Going to pull the trigger on this watch. Just ordered mine!!!! :)

Cheers,
Jeremiah

·
Registered
496 Posts

Holy crap!!!! What a beast....I love it.
Neilo my man... you have to show a wrist shot of that BAD BOY 8)

Rich in SF is very cool to deal with ^-^ Rich ;D

Cheers
Shannon

·
Registered
534 Posts

good score, Neil..had that one way back.....very light weight as you say, but built so well! highly unusual styling! 8)

·
Registered
715 Posts

A very intersting piece! The styling is unique to say the least.
I once read that the screw-down crown on this watch can only be operated
by using a screwdriver. It does look like that in the photos, but can any of the
owner confirm this?

Best regards
Jan

·
Registered
1,558 Posts

The rubber encasing is a logical way to ruggedise a watch and I nearly bought the black version. While sourcing one I noticed when wearing my G-schock that the larger the watch the more likely it is to get clobbered.
I settled for a compromise and from a SAR vessel captain bought a Mühle Glasshütte S.A.R. with a rubber bumper ring. It is one of the watches actually tested on the Baltic and I wear it for SAR too. It has proofed this pudding; it is less prone to bumps then my G-schock and the rubber seems to do a job as it has a lot of sabi whereas the crystal is as new.
Bigger is not always better so while the rubber encasing is like putting it in a nuclear hide it will be a bump magnet if you intend to use it as a beater.

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Jan you can actually turn the crown with your Fingers open or lock yet i summise if you wanted to really tighten it for Dive situations you would use some flat instrument.
dschaen81 said:
A very intersting piece! The styling is unique to say the least.
I once read that the screw-down crown on this watch can only be operated
by using a screwdriver. It does look like that in the photos, but can any of the
owner confirm this?

Best regards
Jan

·
Registered
425 Posts

Mine is on the way to Sunny California from Singapore via Fed Ex!!! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts