The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a theory that the orange paint used to paint Monster dials is actually the juice of freshly squeezed awesome.

Exhibit A:

By means of evaporation under the hot Aussie sun, Awesome juice can be condensed to a thicker, darker state. This is then packaged in jars and called Vegemite.

Exhibit B:

If you've never tasted Vegemite do yourself a favour. Try it on a slice of hot buttered rye toast. Delicious! ;D

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
If it wasn't for Men at Work would anybody outside of Oz know what that was :)

Marmite is yum personified (and so I assume therefore that vegemite is too..)

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
If Marmite is the same as Vegemite then I vote that theory be commonly regarded as True Beyond Dispute.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Marmite is at least very very similar to vegemite, possibly with a slightly sweeter taste if my buds remember correctly. Vegemite is a little paler and less shiny than Marmite too..

Regardless, any by product of beer deserves its own theory and for it to be true...

·
Registered
982 Posts
As a citizen of the home ot both Vegemite and Marmite, I can honestly say that they are both disgusting (except in the form of Twiglets!).

I like the monster though!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
No wonder your toilets flush the wrong way around...

And you guys honestly like vegemite?

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Awesome indeed. The watch, not that other stuff.

Does this mean you selected Orange to replace your stolen Monster?

·
Registered
547 Posts
jason_recliner said:
By means of evaporation under the hot Aussie sun, Awesome juice can be condensed to a thicker, darker state. This is then packaged in jars and called Vegemite.

If you've never tasted Vegemite do yourself a favour. Try it on a slice of hot buttered rye toast. Delicious! ;D
So, is that the active ingredient in Vitameatavegamin? (I think the "delicious" part comes about 40 seconds in)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts