The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just browsing the bay and came upon this hideous abomination. I've seen a lot of Frankens, but this one takes the cake! I've seen a lot of botch jobs from this seller and avoid him like the plague.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
wow...that is one of the worst 6139 i have seen...dial is so wrong and the writing...very odd...wrong colors..i hope it is cheap..looks like you might be able to get some parts..if you are lucky...so sad to ruin such a beautiful watch..and that band is horrible too..needs to be original

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not cheap at all, more than what I paid for my all original 6002. Fortunately I didn't buy this one. I hope this post can be a warning to somebody who thinks about buying it, though.

wow...that is one of the worst 6139 i have seen...dial is so wrong and the writing...very odd...wrong colors..i hope it is cheap..looks like you might be able to get some parts..if you are lucky...so sad to ruin such a beautiful watch..and that band is horrible too..needs to be original

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
good idea..i just got my fourth one coming...original is always best..i would rather it be untouched and i fix it that get something like that and overspend to make it right again if the case is not ruined too

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
The wonky day date window made me laugh..... then I noticed the 'water'..... oh lord help us!

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
lets all make sure to educate people that these models never existed...maybe that way this butchery may shot

·
Administrator
33,228 Posts
What really frustrates me though is having the kit to produce a dial like this but doing a crap job, could be so good but..............

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
The dial is available separately in many colours from India. What gets me is why not do a better job of it. Its as though the maker got fed up with it half way through.

At least listings like this one are fairly easy to spot for what they are, there really is so much rubbish on Ebay (Seiko Chronos in mind) the worst are the ones that look straight to the uninitiated but are loaded with aftermarket parts and disingenuously described. Nothing wrong with most of the aftermarket parts, they are what they are but the sellers can be the problem.

·
Special Member
2,960 Posts
Sorry, the one I saw is listed as a colonel pogue seiko 6139-6005 chronograph project.
It's a live auction, but I doubt anyone here will be bidding on his wares...he's got two ,one slightly worse than the other.

Rob

·
Veteran Member
28,348 Posts
I have been searching for one of those Seiko Prototypes, Very Rare Indeed...Heck, The Dial alone is worth the price of the entire Watch....

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
As if the indice over the Resist script on the left wasn't bad enough, the date frame literally had me laughing out loud, then I just realized it is sad..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts