The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping for more of the suitcase style that some of our luck UK members were able to purchase because my main purpose was storage not display. I finally accepted that I was going to have to buy a glass top display but at least it did hold 24 watches for just under 25 bucks a piece. When they arrived and I unpacked them I ended up liking the cases way more than I though I would and the 24 little pillows are perfectly sized for my watches bands that are sized for my 8 inch wrist. So when purchasing these cases I though I was settling I think in the end I received something better than I was originally after. A happy ending!
Some of my 7T32 collection in their new home.

and some of my diver collection tucked away nicely even with the large 42mm cases.

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Jup, that's the one I ended up with, too :) The aluminum cases available here were the wrong sort (cardbord inserts) or too expensive for having "minor cosmetic blemishes" (= the felt was torn up on one side by the hinge).

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some very nice watches there Michael :cool: (where are you hiding the early quartz watches?;) )
They have their own little home John. I bought 5 cases in all. Vintage quartz have their own little home and then the vintage auto winders and manual winders are in a separate case too. All of which was part of my overall mission. To sort my watch collection by basic type so when I am in a diver watch mood I can pull out the diver case and pick. In the end I am very happy with the cases and the money I spend. I can strongly recommend these for storage.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jup, that's the one I ended up with, too :) The aluminum cases available here were the wrong sort (cardbord inserts) or too expensive for having "minor cosmetic blemishes" (= the felt was torn up on one side by the hinge).
They are pretty good for the price aren't they? Plus the wall dividers keep the watch heads from banging into each other even with the 42mm divers.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Nice looking case. I bought a "suitcase" from Amazon (Tech Swiss) that holds 16, though I just filled it up. If your case was $25, that's a very good deal. I paid over twice that for mine, though it's pretty sturdy and has a nice leather cover.

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
I have the same type and I think they are great. Sometimes the watch bay is wider than others, for you guys with lots of 44 mm + divers the narrower ones can be a little tight. Not an issue for the vast majority of my collection of mostly dress watches.

Funny thing is you can buy from ebay for $20-$25 each, but if you have an extra and try to sell on ebay, you end up paying like $15 in standard US Post Office Shipping fees due to their size. I can't figure out how the ebay sellers do it !

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice looking case. I bought a "suitcase" from Amazon (Tech Swiss) that holds 16, though I just filled it up. If your case was $25, that's a very good deal. I paid over twice that for mine, though it's pretty sturdy and has a nice leather cover.
I'm sure your case is probably a little sturdier than these. They probably would not survive being shipped around full of watches but they work good for just general storage.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
wow Mike......love the cases...i thought i was going crazy having almost enough to fit into one case...God Bless John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts