The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my friends,

after some months of doubt...now i got my "ultimate diver's": sbcm023. The reasons for:

- I was tired of mechanicals because of poor precision and always need adjustment and services;
- I need a high precision quartz with long-life batery;
- I love diver's! And Sbcm is a Prospex, made in Japan;
- I love Seiko because quality vs price is on top;
- Sbcm is mid-sized, right for my wrist!
- Sbcm is nearly the same that my skx007!

A watch for many many years and no doubt, my last purchase!
;)

[img]

[img]

[img]

[img]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had one a few years back and loved it...just couldn't come to terms with the size. I wish Seiko would come up with a modern equivalent of the 7548 divers...one would think it shouldn't be too difficult.

·
Registered
9 Posts
SBCM025 1 sec fast in past week. :-[ Dial same size as SKX007, feels much smaller, but the case is only slightly smaller.

Second try, server would not let me load full size pick. Was to lazy to downsize ;D . Yea the perfect watch might sit less high & a tad bigger.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nice one. I just dont care for the size. heck I even find the 007 too small. I know the case is smaller, but what about the actual dial, will the movement/dial fit in a 007 case??

Paul

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dude, you have great taste. I just ordered one yesterday after going back-and-forth for a couple of months. This will be my first non-auto watch in years, but I could no longer keep looking at Seiya's pics and not buy it. The size doesn't bother me at all. I've found that watches above 40 - 42 just don't look or feel good on my wrist. This one is a little smaller than I'm used to, but I'm sure it will look and feel just fine once I strap it on.

Thanks for the pics. Mine should be here in a couple of days.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Great looking Seiko quartz diver, the SBCM023 :)

Btw, why go with a re-issue of the 7548 when there is still plenty of life left in "the real deal" ? ;)

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Chance said:
Had one a few years back and loved it...just couldn't come to terms with the size. I wish Seiko would come up with a modern equivalent of the 7548 divers...one would think it shouldn't be too difficult.
True, there's no quartz drop-in replacement for the 7S26 as far as I know. I've read that the 6309 and 7548 share many parts in common. A quartz movement with a mechanical heritage is "neat".

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats on your new watch. I have one as well since last Nov. It gains just under one second per month.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:) Thanks for the reply!

- 7548: good size & good look, but not the same movement: I'm convinced by the 8F35: accuracy & perpet calendar, very long life battery.

- the size: I understand it could be a problem, but for me and my small wrist it's fit perfectly!

Cheers.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Nice watch - mine just arrived today and indeed is a very comfy choice (given that all the latest divers seem to want to start around 42-45mm as the latest fashion trend apparently requires).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts