The Watch Site banner

The TST collective collection to date...

106K views 583 replies 104 participants last post by  TheTigerUK 
#1 · (Edited)
As far as I know, despite the frequent appearance on WRUW and the occasional thread celebrating an individual watch, we have not had a thread celebrating the collective group of TST watches created since John's marvelous creation first appeared 12 or so months past.
I am only a recent member of the TST clan, but I must say, I am extremely happy with my first one...
The craftsmanship that has gone into this mod is to be applauded - the watch is just perfect. The TST idea opens so many possibilities for quality automatic tunas, as well as quartz mods such as my own.

So, to my particular watch...

A 6309-7040 case, sterilised case-back, 7548 movement, Darth tuna dial, can't remember which hands!, black kanji d/d rings, 6105 crystal and a sumo style insert - quite a mix of parts, but that's the beauty of the TST... So many options.

Proper Tuna Rubber to be ordered soon from Seiya San - on a NATO for now...

I have already planned my next TST... But while I am slowly stockpiling the appropriate parts... Let's see yours !

See less See more
#46 ·
am so impressed !!!

even though the Japanese in me says the only real Tuna is a single-case (no screwback) 600m or 1000m original, I discover today TSTs are a category of their own... and I hadn't realized beyond the technical feat(s) the potential for color variations, etc --like collecting butterflies, only they keep time and can be worn !?

I LOVE the white "5" dial: from outer space, totally !

Bravo Tiger for this amazing work, and thanks for sharing the pics (which I suspect will stimulate demand way beyond manufacturing potential unless you start a full-fledged production line and business?)

With shared love for Seiko divers, even "Brit-modded" beyond recognition.........Philip

#48 · (Edited)
Introducing my TST (140028) 7548-7000 build. Big big thank you to the incredible skill and craftsmanship of John and to the enthusiasts and suppliers from around the globe.

Starting from an old wreck salvaged*...

What became of the rest of the 7548 donor...

MY TST RECIPE...

7548 donor case (a real wreck on the outside) and case back
TST modification including drilled lugs, engraved sterile case back and John's big crown conversion (incredible engineering)
7548-7000 movement, dial and hands
Flat sapphire crystal
6105-8110 bezel
Faded bezel insert
Brushed SS mesh bracelet

I am a very lucky chap indeed!

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjYpTbD6 more pics

*Update: From the wreckage part deux... I cleaned up the 7548-700B dial and dug out some spare hands with a good colour match. And thanks to a thorough service of the donor 7548 movement by Duncan (Cannop) I now have a pretty nice 7548-7000/B hybrid as a beater. In the end the only things not used from the wreck were the crystal, hands and insert. I may still repaint the hands too at some point.

Attachments

#51 ·
these are simply incredible....excellent work..amazing how you can take a case made by Tiger and make it so different looking...so makes me want one more than ever..

#54 ·
That's a beauty... what is your recipe as that looks like a Murphy bezel I would guess an six based TST?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Thanks! She started out as an SKX009 and then retrofitted with a dial and bezel insert from Noah & Jake, hands and chapter ring from Harold aka Yobokies and a Dave Murphy bezel. Jake has since come out with Caribbean blue dial without the raised indices and better lume. Something to consider down the road I guess. Bracelet/strap options will be the first order to consider once she touches down in Cowtown!

#57 ·
wow..that is simply amazing...love the blue

#59 ·
well can not wait to see pics when you get it...so how did you come up with the idea for that color and that combo...very unique and very elegant too

#60 ·
To be honest, I had already accumulated a number of SKX series divers at the time and started to grow a tad weary of them. It came to a head when on impulse, I reacquired an SKX009 which confirmed my decision to unload it in the first place was the right call. A number of years ago and on the old forum, lots of folks began to modify their SKX divers since many parts were interchangeable and aftermarket providers such as the late Noah Fuller, Harold Ng, Jake Bourdeau etc offered up a lot of options. So rather than flip the 009 again, I jumped on the bandwagon.Insofar as colour was concerned, I was in search of the "right" shade of blue and had already flipped on number of watches that didn't fit the bill. Then when I saw Noah's "Soxa" dials I started to gather AM parts that I thought complimented one another. Because the dial had raised and metal framed indices, I looked for hands that matched and found the Samurai style ones on Harold's web-site. I could not find any suitable indexed chapter rings so I went with a plain brushed stainless one, also from Harold. Noah also had a marching bezel insert that I then selected. Once I had all the parts on hand, I shipped it all down to Duarte @ NeWw for assembly and since then, this mod has continued to evolve.

#61 ·
wow...that is incredible...so this is how the watch has changed...awesome...love it

#65 · (Edited)
This just in! I am now happy to say that I am a proud owner of one of John's engineering gems. Here are a couple of quick 'n dirty photos. My next task wiill be to find a proper bracelet and/or strap, so in the meantime a blue silicon lint magnet will have to do. Many thanks again John and to all you enablers out there. Thanks fer lookin'...

#67 ·
Long Bike's i think will be one of the nicest TigerUk cases has made..very unique for sure...we are all anxiously waiting to see it

#69 ·
TST Big Crown Conversion

hi all,

Got bitten by the TST bug a while back and when John recently put up some of his prototype big crowns for sale, I just had to get one.

The crown I got had a hole on the top, which was easily sealed with some gray epoxy putty and actually added an interesting look to it.

Thanks to John for his remarkable craftsmanship and skills.

#70 ·
hi all,

Got bitten by the TST bug a while back and when John recently put up some of his prototype big crowns for sale, I just had to get one.

The crown I got had a hole on the top, which was easily sealed with some gray epoxy putty and actually added an interesting look to it.

Thanks to John for his remarkable craftsmanship and skills.

That's a great finishing touch! Speaking of which, I best be on the hunt for some straight end links so I can put mine on an oyster like yours. Nice combination.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.