The Watch Site banner

561 - 574 of 574 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
that a new "king" seiko diver dial? I just might get one, but I currently have too many irons in the fire.....as usual.

<* shark >>><
Yes, its the King Turtle dial... .it's a beauty... and totally understand you, you star one project and then when you "almost" finish it, you end up with 2-3 more new projects...

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Just shipped my TST back to Duarte at NEWW for the 4th time! I'm including the 1st time when he performed a "Soxa" mod on my SKX009 which became the base for John's TST conversion. Subsequent changes by Duarte included dial, hand and crystal swaps. This time 'round I'm going for an engine upgrade and a couple of cosmetic touches. That's the problem with these project pieces.....it never ends ;)

Hers's the latest before picture and naturally I'll post the after picture after all is said and done,

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Right on the heels of Dave's (Dahasco) fabulous TST reveal, I am happy to report that my TST which I sent to Duarte for a refresh arrived today. It's amazing to think that the turnaround time was less than a month between Calgary, AB and Warren, RI. Talk about prompt and of course the excellent work that Duarte does. Essentially I had Duarte replace the movement with an NH36, add a new signed crown and swap in a new ceramic insert from Crystal Times. What a treat having a hacking and hand winding movement! Ordinarily I wear the TST on a bracelet but for the time being I'll wear it on a vent. Just to echo some of Dave's sentiments, thank you John for developing such a wonderful mod foundation!

·
Registered
26,037 Posts
Right on the heels of Dave's (Dahasco) fabulous TST reveal, I am happy to report that my TST which I sent to Duarte for a refresh arrived today. It's amazing to think that the turnaround time was less than a month between Calgary, AB and Warren, RI. Talk about prompt and of course the excellent work that Duarte does. Essentially I had Duarte replace the movement with an NH36, add a new signed crown and swap in a new ceramic insert from Crystal Times. What a treat having a hacking and hand winding movement! Ordinarily I wear the TST on a bracelet but for the time being I'll wear it on a vent. Just to echo some of Dave's sentiments, thank you John for developing such a wonderful mod foundation!

View attachment 455429

View attachment 455430

View attachment 455431

View attachment 455432
Off the Hook TST ^^^ Really, Really Nice !!!

561 - 574 of 574 Posts