The Watch Site banner

541 - 560 of 574 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Recently got my TST back from Guy, following a facelift (for the watch, not Guy). Couldn’t be happier. Thanks for the great work, Guy, as usual.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I've had this one on the "to do" list for some time now...another in the series of Blackfin tst's.

The case was machined for me by John Bentley and then I had the case and shroud coated in black TiN.

Bezel and insert are original parts from the classic 007 Tuna. The matching machine finish extended crown is from one of John's limited production runs.

Dial and hands are from an early 1000m black shrouded diver, movement on this one is a quartz 7548 and the crystal is a flat sapphire with clear ar from Alex at crystaltimes.

Thanks to John for the excellent machine work on this one and for making the special extended crown!

Mike

Very nice, Mike. Came together well. The black TiN on the shroud ties it all together.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Still lovin' my TST

Given my absence plus what I suspect are lost pictures account Photobucket ransomware, thought I'd post a picture. Thanks again John!

[/url]

·
Registered
473 Posts

Been over a year since I’ve posted. Gone back to my Seikos after wearing a Garmin for said year. Was at work last night, and noticed I was using a Japanese spanner with my Seiko in shot, thought I’d get a pic of them both getting royally abused. Only new screws for the shroud as I lost one at work, still the same plastic shroud John kindly donated as well as the case.
Daily beaters indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
As far as I know, despite the frequent h, ve group of TST watches first appeared ely happy with my first one...

A 6309-7040 case, sterilised al, can't remember which style insert - quite a mix of parts, but that's the beauty of the TST... So many options.

Proper Tuna Rubber to soon from Seiya San - on a NATO for now...

http://puu.sh/87nPB.jpg[/IM
[IMG]http://puu.sh/87nXi.jpg[/IM

I have already planned my next TST... But while I am slowly appropriate parts... Let's see yours ![/QUOTE]

THE perfect machine. ....

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #559
Just checked SCWF for the first time in years (been kinda busy) and v pleased to see this thread still going strong...
My old TST has now been passed on to my son! (He’s living the Seiko dream now too). Great to be back!

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Just checked SCWF for the first time in years (been kinda busy) and v pleased to see this thread still going strong...
My old TST has now been passed on to my son! (He’s living the Seiko dream now too). Great to be back!
Nice to see you again!

541 - 560 of 574 Posts