The Watch Site banner

521 - 540 of 574 Posts

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Can you please tell me more about this build? In particular the case and bezel/insert?

It's a thing of beauty.
Hi thanks - it’s a 7546 movement, 6309 TST'd case with the bezel and insert from my SBBN033 - am tuna hands (I think) and 7548 dial
My 033 Tuna has a 015 bezel and insert on it now but they are interchangeable
My only 'issue' is the clickball has gone
Untitled by biglewie, on Flickr

·
Registered
86 Posts
LONGSHOT...

Anybody here own, or knows who owns my old TST I put together... I think it was in 2014? Base was a lovely vintage 7548 with a 6105 bezel !? It was a great piece

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It now has a DLC XW Tsunami Bezel and is wearing a Daluca Brown Nato with DLC hardwear.

I just gave it to my father this past Fathers Day.

It still looks great and is with a good home. I will snap a pic on his wrist next time I see him🤙

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
379 Posts
It now has a DLC XW Tsunami Bezel and is wearing a Daluca Brown Nato with DLC hardwear.

I just gave it to my father this past Fathers Day.

It still looks great and is with a good home. I will snap a pic on his wrist next time I see him🤙

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for posting... glad to know it's still appreciated...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
207 Posts
A question for TST owners.
Did you stick with the original screws? (What head are those anyway?)

or did you opt for the aftermarket ones from "Swiss2Seiko" ?
and if so did you opt for torx, posidrive or hex - and why?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
A question for TST owners.
Did you stick with the original screws? (What head are those anyway?)

or did you opt for the aftermarket ones from "Swiss2Seiko" ?
and if so did you opt for torx, posidrive or hex - and why?

Thanks
Well these are the 'standard' screws that John supplied with my TST conversion a couple of years ago.......

I've seen no need to replace them with anything else, though probably would have done if they had been cross head instead of hex...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Turns out they are Torx #8 head.

My watchmaker doesn't have a torx set as he has NEVER come across these on a watch before. It's all good though, I lent him a torx set.

Looking forward to when I get it back from him and can refit the movement and wear it !

Was hoping to match it with a BOR bracelet but Harold tells me it'll be a couple of months before he has any 22mm ones available again. That's OK though I can wear it on a NATO meanwhile.

·
Special Member
1,356 Posts
Latest addition to the family

I just received my srp reissue case back from John and now have it all put together.

Blue Lagoon dial and a domed sapphire with clear ar from Alex.

This one is called the Gen 2 Bluefin and is an homage to a favorite build of mine.

Thanks for getting this one machined for me John!

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
OK well, my TST is done.

It is based on an SRP reissue watch - in this case the SRP773.
The only mod is a crystal times flat sapphire crystal (I prefer a flat crystal on a watch like this which is all about 'rugged').

Otherwise it's all factory SRP773 parts.

I wanted a 'Could have been" Seiko, and I now have one. Very pleased indeed, thanks John. :)

Serial number is my Birthday ! :D

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Can you please tell me more about this build? In particular the case and bezel/insert?

It's a thing of beauty.
Hi thanks - it’s a 7546 movement, 6309 TST'd case with the bezel and insert from my SBBN033 - am tuna hands (I think) and 7548 dial
My 033 Tuna has a 015 bezel and insert on it now but they are interchangeable
My only 'issue' is the clickball has gone
Untitled by biglewie, on Flickr
Sbbn bezels fit 6309 cases? Or it had to be modified?

Add question: anyone have an orange soxa that’s been shrouded?

·
Special Member
1,356 Posts
Another Blackfin tst!

I've had this one on the "to do" list for some time now...another in the series of Blackfin tst's.

The case was machined for me by John Bentley and then I had the case and shroud coated in black TiN.

Bezel and insert are original parts from the classic 007 Tuna. The matching machine finish extended crown is from one of John's limited production runs.

Dial and hands are from an early 1000m black shrouded diver, movement on this one is a quartz 7548 and the crystal is a flat sapphire with clear ar from Alex at crystaltimes.

Thanks to John for the excellent machine work on this one and for making the special extended crown!

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I've had this one on the "to do" list for some time now...another in the series of Blackfin tst's.

The case was machined for me by John Bentley and then I had the case and shroud coated in black TiN.

Bezel and insert are original parts from the classic 007 Tuna. The matching machine finish extended crown is from one of John's limited production runs.

Dial and hands are from an early 1000m black shrouded diver, movement on this one is a quartz 7548 and the crystal is a flat sapphire with clear ar from Alex at crystaltimes.

Thanks to John for the excellent machine work on this one and for making the special extended crown!

Mike

Kinetic Art. Just gorgeous. Well done you two.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts

Mike
Beautifully done Mike!

Michael

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

521 - 540 of 574 Posts