The Watch Site banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Delete. Once the rule breaker works out why no one seems to be showing any interest in their amazing bargain, they'll soon put in more effort.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I'm for just deleting them straight away too. This is not hard. If you are selling something how can someone buy it if they do not know what the price is? I think all it will take is for someone to have a post deleted once and they will never forget again. I make mistakes in my post but I always proof read my post as soon as I click the post button in the WTB threads and fix my mistakes within minutes.
The mods have more than enough work to do than reminding people to price the items they whish to sell.

Michael

·
Registered
578 Posts
I was guilty of unintentionally omitting the fs and price from my recent ad and got a polite pm from John which I acted on, I will know for next time, in mitigation I guess we all use multiple fora and I think this is the only one that has this particular rule, its fine by me but I would imagine people who dont include them in the title just plain forget to do so and not out of anything more than that, if it causes more trouble than the thing its trying to help ( whatever that may be? then I say ditch the rule, Im saying that as a moderator on another forum so I know how much of a pita it can be to enforce the rules... Would not having the fs and price in the title really be a big deal? Im not saying it is or isn't, Im saying the question should be thought about and weighted against the hassle it causes John and team.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
If the poster do not abide to the rules (which are very simple and of common sense), I think it is now the time to delete those that does not follow them. Just like the rules says.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
IMHO, part of the problem is that the ads are free-form (i.e: no specific template). I am not saying I know what the workaround is, but this would involve adopting an electronic form which the seller/buyer needs to fill up.
The field where the price is would then be permanent, with an edit button that allows the price to be changed, but the original price still displayed.

·
Administrator
29,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
IMHO, part of the problem is that the ads are free-form (i.e: no specific template). I am not saying I know what the workaround is, but this would involve adopting an electronic form which the seller/buyer needs to fill up.
The field where the price is would then be permanent, with an edit button that allows the price to be changed, but the original price still displayed.
Unfortunately we are stuck with the format we have so all we can ask is that sellers/traders take just a very little time out of your life schedule to try and conform with the simple rules in place, thank you :)

·
Administrator
29,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Just a reminder as more and more guys are missing the price etc off of there posts, check the TF now even :)

ps: I know it is guys doing it as women are perfect, my wife keeps telling me so anyway :)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Also not Germans!

My "German Joke":

As any German will tell you, we are very lucky that we are quite modest. :)

For otherwise, we would not be perfect! :rolleyes:

- Thomas

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Tough love Tiger. Folks forget, a quick delete is a great reminder.

I actually was guilty of it myself a few months ago, would've understood completely.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sorry and understand the PITA, but unfortunately modern society tends to be a me first you come later affair. Self interest is above all else. Just delete, they'll figure it out. The average member tends not to be a chronic abuser. Those that want to run a business should make other arrangements JMHO. I too appreciate the time & effort the Mods put forth. As a one time forum member used to say "onward through the fog"

·
Registered
195 Posts
As a newbie to this site, but familiar with other sites, I'd say this one is being run well.

You have admin and mods who care about the site.

The rules for trading are not hard to follow.

Delete without warning can be harsh, but to let anything go in a free for all will end up with a forum that is all over the place, with nobody being able to find anything in a logical place in the future.

Delete.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts