The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished my mods to the Sunrise that Simon finished for me. This watch came from Jeffrey in Italy back in early April. I had it sent directly to Simon for a dial rejuvenation and to check the operation. When Simon got into it he found some items that weren’t quite right. So I had him do a service on the movement.

The one remaining issue was the midcase and Tachyring. The case was a little too polished for my preference (and I knew this was the situation when I bought it) so I got a good midcase and tachyring from John. So for my rarest watch I decided to try out my crystal press for the first time. Simon sent the watch to me with the tackyring loose and taped to the case for easy removal. If your going to be a bear...

I’m thrilled it all came out great. I’m keeping it on the US that it came with for now instead of the original Seiko 5 bracelet that Jeffrey also included.

The original from Simon:

The replacements:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,285 Posts
the dial is fantastic. Easily in the Top 5 of all-time great Seiko dials, IMHO. nice watch - congrats!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
REALLY REALLY nice, congratulations.
Thank you sir, and in total it was much less than the one that you posted on.

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
WOW for the dial condition, these are prone to delamination at least in one small spot if not all over. Original lume in great shape.

Now on to find the SpeedTimer bracelet !

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
Winner!

·
Special Member
2,644 Posts
Very Well Done Sir! It looks like it was worth taking the risk and the Sunrise turned out beautifully :) Nice move to a better Tachy Ring and Case - IMO the Sunrise deserves the Best! Do you find you keep moving the watch up and down just to see the color shift in the Dial?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW for the dial condition, these are prone to delamination at least in one small spot if not all over. Original lume in great shape.

Now on to find the SpeedTimer bracelet !
Well, there is a small amount of delam at the 9:00 and 1:00 markers, plus a couple of marks here and there. You can see them depending on the angle of the light. I have the Speedtimer bracelet too, which came with the watch, I need to get a set of endlinks.

And the lume is a Simon relume. Fabulous isn’t it! The watch seemed to have the original lume on it (in pictures) when I bought it but it and the hands had just too much wabi-Sabi for my preference. This is why it went to Simon straight away and I thought that shipping from Italy in the middle of a pandemic to the UK would work better. It did. Thanks!

Reactions: Grammarofdesign

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all! I’m thrilled I took the risk on it. It has been a good year so far.

The kids don’t need an inheritance anyway...

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I just finished my mods to the Sunrise that Simon finished for me. This watch came from Jeffrey in Italy back in early April. I had it sent directly to Simon for a dial rejuvenation and to check the operation. When Simon got into it he found some items that weren’t quite right. So I had him do a service on the movement.

The one remaining issue was the midcase and Tachyring. The case was a little too polished for my preference (and I knew this was the situation when I bought it) so I got a good midcase and tachyring from John. So for my rarest watch I decided to try out my crystal press for the first time. Simon sent the watch to me with the tackyring loose and taped to the case for easy removal. If your going to be a bear...

I’m thrilled it all came out great. I’m keeping it on the US that it came with for now instead of the original Seiko 5 bracelet that Jeffrey also included.

The original from Simon:

The replacements:

Hi Tod.
Well done and good job......it was a pleasure,i am glad that the watch has gone into good hands.
Best...
Max.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Tod.
Well done and good job......it was a pleasure,i am glad that the watch has gone into good hands.
Best...
Max.
Hello Max, I hope that Rome is getting back to “normal”. The watch is terrific, Simon was very impressed with the dial. It all came out super, thank you again for your communication and the sale of the watch.

Reactions: SennieG

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Simply stunning Tod. Nicely done.

Thank you for the great midcase and bezel for it John!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts