The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how this one slipped under my radar, but I spotted one on Ebay last week and had never seen one before. It is a JDM so that might be why, but I love the look of it. Kind of like a Spork Diver and a SARB had a baby. :D

Anyway, I got it today and it is a sweet looking watch, elegant and yet with funky numbers and a diver-esque second hand. Any of you guys own this one?

Thoughts?

Compared with the SPORK

Cool on a Zulu strap too.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
well that is a great looking watch...great find...

·
Registered
195 Posts
I passed over this model several times. Saw a picture of one on a strap and that clinched it for me. I still have the bracelet option, (which I wouldn't have had I gone for the SARG011 with its red-tipped seconds hand). Very happy with mine!

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WHY did you have to mention the SARG011? I just went and looked, and I think I like that one even better! :eek:hmy:

·
Registered
195 Posts
WHY did you have to mention the SARG011? I just went and looked, and I think I like that one even better! :eek:hmy:
I seem to recall the dial color is slightly different on the SARG011, more dark gray than black like the SARG009. I could have that wrong though…it has been a while since I was checking them out.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I like the watch. I wish the 12 and 6 were the same size as all the other numbers. Makes me want to pass. Just a personal preference however.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I like the SARG line up and think they are great value for money.

I have a SARG007 which has more of a field look to it. I was quite surprised when this was released that it did not fall under the Alpinist branding.

I do think you can see the Spork and SARB influences in the SARG009 as suggested.

·
Registered
76 Posts
beautiful watch, not sure what the purpose of a rotating bezel compass card is, I can see the purpose of the tachemetre or E6B flight computer rotating bezel

I guess it doesn't really need a purpose when its that beautiful, saw one with the white face, very striking also SARG003 or 001 I think but could be off

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Gents,

IMO the SARG009 is a VERY nice watch. I just wish that they had opted for a bit more elaborate end links (with the middle link protruding rather than the bracelet directly sitting on the spring bar inside the end link).

Two questions to the owners:
- how is the reflectivity of the crystal? It appears to be a single curved sapphire, does it have AR coating? From the pictures it seems that it is pretty reflective and I find this more and more annoying in Seiko's mid-range lineup.
- is the dial black or rather a deep brown/root beer with a very gentle sunburst finish (as indicated in BedMac's picture?)

Oh, and finally: here is hoping Seiko would issue a blue version of the watch, but that is probably too much to ask ;-)

Best
Hermann

·
Registered
195 Posts
Gents,

- is the dial black or rather a deep brown/root beer with a very gentle sunburst finish (as indicated in BedMac's picture?)
Definitely black. I took that quick and dirty pic in VERY bright sunlight!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Here is my SARG011, love the red second hand and the dial colour. I was going to sell this but offloaded my orient Star so it's staying

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
At first I thought: "wow, what a nice looking watch" - but then I noticed the "1". What's up with that? Somehow that puts me off. :(

·
Special Member
4,772 Posts
The way the tip of the "1" curls at the top left is called a Serif, this was a popular font adornment back in it's day.
It's also present on the tail of the 4. I think I would have liked it better without this font, but still like the overall look of the dial.
Guess, the thinking was to differentiate the 1's from the outnumber markers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts