The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.

So I've got this Pogue in the mail:

It's on a "razor" bracelet, which doesn't quite fit the watch, IMHO. Also, I believe it's 18mm, not 19.

Anyone know what watch these were issued originally?

Best,

Jonas

·
Registered
637 Posts
I know I've seen it on several of the sports divers (including the sushi rolls) in original catalog photos. It was also used in the re-released sports divers in the 90s (though I've held both, and the re-release ones were much better made... the end links on the originals had really flimsy connectors). If I were a betting man I'd say they were only used on sports divers but I am not 100% - I suspect others will know for sure.

·
Special Member
1,818 Posts
From memory the original Sports divers were 19mm and the re-issues were 18mm. This is a simple way to tell them apart if you have nothing to compare it to.

I have not seen these bracelets on other models.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The "razor" bracelet - which model does it belong to?

My two with that bracelet (from new as far as I'm aware)...

Seiko 5 Sports 6319-8070

And

Seiko Chrono 6139-8002

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429810436.656566.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429810450.386870.jpg

Edit- these are the vintage type...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429810594.711350.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429810605.511855.jpg

...with not the best rebrushing!

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your replies. I guess this is the new one. Let's see when it arrives.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Thanks for your replies. I guess this is the new one. Let's see when it arrives.
I agree that it's the new one. If you look at the end links on the vintage one posted you'll see they're separate from the big chunky bit - on the new one they're one piece of metal. On the vintage ones the end bits are just folded metal and they break really easily. A real shame as the bracelets are gorgeous otherwise.

Didn't know they ever came on a chrono, though. Interesting if it's original.

·
Special Member
1,818 Posts
Thanks for posting the reference Johnny. It looks like the bracelet number is B065S and it confirms the lug width is 19mm.

I do not recognize the catalog that the image is taken from. Do you have more of this scanned as the dial codes and other info is very handy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for posting the reference Johnny. It looks like the bracelet number is B065S and it confirms the lug width is 19mm.

I do not recognize the catalog that the image is taken from. Do you have more of this scanned as the dial codes and other info is very handy.

I got it from here-

http://www.csce.uark.edu/~jgauch/photos/watches/catalogs/index.html

In the 6139 model bit, there are a few scans towards the bottom that have similar info, but I'm not sure of the original source/catalogue either.

·
Craftsman
3,892 Posts
These razor bracelets were used on several models. The original ones came in 18mm + 19mm.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts