The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Craftsman
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found a little extra time between customers work on watches to get around to one of mine own. It's always nice to bring one back and then be able to give it a test drive for a week or two enjoying the heck out of it. As usual, it's another one of my favorite 6139's. An all original 6139-6000 "Proof" to be exact. It's one I picked up a while back and it had been awaiting the arrival of a few odds and ends. As you can see in the before photo's there's enough DNA to gag a maggot just the way I like them. It's a true sign that, indeed, it may be an unmolested original. Check out the grunge around the crystal, the pushers, and the specks that indicate someone had done some painting with their watch in the line of splatter........

Ring around the crystal

Grunge around the case back

Grunge under the bezel, pusher, and crown tubes

Pusher crud

The guts ready for restoration

Dial looks good and it's spotless..........

After a good case cleaning followed by a light going over by hand of the brushed surface and a light hand polish I installed a new mineral glass crystal along with new pusher, crown, and case back gaskets. I replaced the inner and outer bezel with original Seiko parts. I cleaned up the bracelet and gave the finish a light re-brushing and Presto - Changeo shes ready to wear. I've been wearing it for the last week and it's been keeping great time with all functions working correctly.

Another Beauty for the collection........

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Lovely. This kind of "vintage SEIKO resurrection" post always makes me smile. Thanks for sharing. Great job!

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
That was well worth the wait, what a good result!

I like these blue 6000 proof dials with their sheene and recently bought a dial on Ebay to create my own 6139-6000. At the moment I just need a notched case to complete it.

·
Craftsman
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Guys! I appreciate the nice comments! I have another 6139 Sports 5 Proof in the works. Just need the time to complete it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks Guys! I appreciate the nice comments! I have another 6139 Sports 5 Proof in the works. Just need the time to complete it.
Very nice Tom

I have the same watch but not as nice as yours! Infact it was my first vintage Seiko and is responsible for all this WIS madness now! Maybe I should also give it a spruce :grin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts