The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24,702 Posts
Really great stuff you have there :great: $85.00 for a 6105 >:D It makes one take a really hard look at todays models, It's a wonderful life :clap:

·
Registered
113 Posts
That's really cool. "Watches for the Man of Action" - I love that masculinity they always had in ads and in magazines in the 70's. And I love seeing what they used to sell for. According to one of the inflation calculators, my 6105-8119 retailed for about $418 in our money, and my 6139-6002 cost $421. Kind of neat what people were spending on these things back then, and kind of interesting to see that their value hasn't really changed too much. I remember starting a forum post on some watch forum several years ago about what Rolexes used to cost back in the day and I remember someone saying they spent roughly what would amount to $1500 in our money for a submariner when they bought it new in the 70's.

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Awesome John,Now thats whats probably making us all think....Why oh why did i not buy all of those when i had the chance looking at todays prices.Thats priceless to see the value they once were.Thanks for posting that John. ;)

·
Registered
191 Posts
hmmm
nice catalog ..

my inventory check list :
- Seiko 6105 Deep Sea Diver ..
- King Seiko AN016M *KS COSC*
- Stopwatch 63010..

great to see them in the original catalog
:bravo_2:
Thanks man

·
Registered
24,702 Posts
For those of us who want a copy (digital on Ebay) :)

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Saw that first ad from JohnN's Belle site...showing my Sienna dial Belle being more costly than the 6105 haha! Still got the wonderful Belle gifted to me from the generous LewB!!! :bravo_2:

·
Registered
216 Posts
TheTigerUK said:
I received this 22 page catalogue yesterday and some other seller advertising literature from about 1970, a really nice catalogue.

[/quote]
For some reason, I like the one on the bottom row 2nd from the left.

[IMG]

And one on an ad from my 1970 of one of my Grail bike from the 70's
[IMG]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts