The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we all practically know eachother's watches, I thought that maybe another way to get to know eachother would be through learning about eachother's user name...as they many times have a unique meaning/origin.

For me, the story goes like this:

In my neighborhood, there is a Greek old man, who, for years, and is still as active today as he was when I was a teenager, who walks around the streets with his portable radio, listening to the news at full blast. It's a tiny radio, but he's funny to look at. Okay, so he's not all there upstairs, but he's a sweetheart. EVERYTIME he sees me in the street, or shopping, or whatever, he screams "Angelis." I've told him over and again that my name is Angelo, but he prefers to call me "Angelis."

So the name stuck...for all these years

Angelo/"Angelis"

·
Registered
327 Posts
Re: The ORIGIN of your SCREENNAME?

Wear Seiko, drive Subaru - Long-time fan of Japanese engineering excellence! Hence "AKOMEOGI" which is a Japanese Fan....

·
Krusty Olde Pharte
4,744 Posts

This is probably too obvious, but my first name is Michael, my middle initial is E, and my last name begins with a T.

·
Registered
162 Posts

my nephews-when they were little could never say my name - Cindy- it always came out sounding like cinny... so i shortened it to cnywith my last name...

·
Banned
2,569 Posts

My handle is a play on words/names.

A friend on another forum introduced me to a singer by the name of Pin Guan, whose music I really enjoy. In a former life, I had a handle that people insisted on shortening to 'penguin'.
Pin Guan sounds pretty much like penguin; so I took that and added my name ;)

·
Registered
349 Posts

My real name is Bart, but all my friends call me Emiel hence: E1000 1000 = mille in french....

·
Registered
4,872 Posts

^-^ Trained as a industrial sewing machine engineer. then a technical rep helping textile manufactures with their stitching problems, now have the best job in the world retired :) ;)

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts

I come from Leicester, England and our Local regiment was the Leicester Tigers and my dad and grandad served with them in WW1 and WW11 and in the CB radio days i was The Tiger, we also have a good rugby team The Leicester Tigers plus I do like the big cats especially the Tigers and my avatar is a photo i took of a tiger in Perth (Australia) zoo in Feb 2001 (happy days).

The Royal Leicestershire Regiment was raised in 1688, His Majesty's 17th Regiment of Foot, and saw action in the American War of Independence in 1777. The Regiment's nickname "The Tigers" was acquired in India between 1804 - 1823.During the Great War over 7,000 members of the regiment were lost. During the Second World War The Tigers saw action in Norway, Belgium, Italy, Greece and the Middle East with losses of over 1,500 men.

·
Registered
659 Posts

Ted is my name (it's really Theodore, but no one calls me that). I was named after my grandfather, who was a missionary in Japan (that's where my mom was born and raised), and is buried in a foreigners cemetery in Yokohama. When he died in the very early 1980's, they found a bunch of Seikos and Casios that he had been stashing away!

·
Registered
431 Posts
^-^ Was looking for a user name and my wife suggested red second hand as I was wearing a watch with a red second hand that day.
Hence red2ndhand!!

Cheers,
Jeremiah

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Back in 1994 I was working in Slough in the UK in IT, my American boss at the time always called me Technoman, so it just stuck. After an 8 year hiatus, I am back working for the same guy here in the US, and he still calls me Technoman...

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Uhm, my name is Harry, and I live in Denmark, so ... yeah ::)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Well, since I was a small child I was always taking things apart to see how they worked. I am fascinated by mechanical assembly. I worked as a design engineer through college, and am now an engineering technician at the largest freight airline in the world. I took an interest in European shotguns back in my 30's and began collecting them. My main interest was in English and German pre-war bird guns in the optimum design form factor - 16 bore side by side double barrel's with double triggers. So, on several forums for people that enjoy exercising their God given rights to free speech and the practice of keeping and bearing arms, collecting and shooting multi barrel shotguns, as well as restoring these historic firearms, I came up with SideBySideDoublegun as a user name, but it was too long for the field, so I shortened it to SxSDoublegun.

For a few brief day ya'll were able to see some of my engraving work on a matched pair of Birimingham proofed pidgeon guns.

Words don't work so well against tyrants and criminals and madmen bent on your distruction. Ask Chamberlain or Quisling, or the families of 12 in Cumbria on June second. When you trade freedom for security, the result is neither. John Lott is a statistician of the first order. I highly recommend his writing.

Max

·
Registered
994 Posts
I was WarrantyGuy because I sell warranties and service contracts to car dealers. Then I developed this addiction to Rally Divers and have been accused of hoarding them..... :) :)

1 - 20 of 87 Posts