The Watch Site banner

81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Special Member
4,441 Posts
A little purple rain reminder!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cool stuff Rob, life doesn’t suck for you !!
Man, I had two tsunamis; a silver sunburst and a black dial with beadblasted case and smoked sapphire. That case is closer to that of 6309-7040 then the srp reissue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
If i step outside of my office and turn to the right, i can see downdown and the financial district:

and if i turn to the left, i see a famous landmark:

it's actually a nice and sunny day here (without the wind!) for once =)

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
At Disney World for granddaughters cheer competition that for some strange reason is still going to happen. Borealis powered by an NH 35.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Finally making it home. Stop in Singapore, Chinatown is always good. Did not find any new treasures.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
They're a good micro brand and that's a good looking watch :)

Thank you! I think of them as making a watch that Seiko should be doing. Terrific craftsmanship, great attention to detail, a well regulated Seiko movement, etc. I’m a huge fan of the original Blancpain Fifty Fathoms and I think Borealis did a great job of honoring those design elements and still developing their own execution.

·
Registered
24,676 Posts
Fincantieri Ship Building, The end of the winter layup...

CHAZZY taking driving lessons...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
What makes it famous Larry ?

well, it's famous in the city i guess. lol.

here's a quickie from wikipedia:

Coit Tower is a 210-foot (64 m) tower in the Telegraph Hill neighborhood of San Francisco, California, offering panoramic views over the city and the bay. The tower, in the city's Pioneer Park, was built between 1932 and 1933 using Lillie Hitchcock Coit's bequest to beautify the city of San Francisco. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on January 29, 2008.[1]
The art deco tower, built of unpainted reinforced concrete, was designed by architects Arthur Brown, Jr. and Henry Howard. The interior features fresco murals in the American Social Realism style, painted by 25 different on-site artists and their numerous assistants, plus two additional paintings installed after creation off-site.
Also known as the Coit Memorial Tower, it was dedicated to the volunteer firemen who had died in San Francisco's five major fires.[3] Although an apocryphal story claims that the tower was designed to resemble a fire hose nozzle[4] due to Coit's affinity with the San Francisco firefighters of the day, the resemblance is coincidental

<* shark >>><

·
Administrator
28,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
well, it's famous in the city i guess. lol.

here's a quickie from wikipedia:

Coit Tower is a 210-foot (64 m) tower in the Telegraph Hill neighborhood of San Francisco, California, offering panoramic views over the city and the bay. The tower, in the city's Pioneer Park, was built between 1932 and 1933 using Lillie Hitchcock Coit's bequest to beautify the city of San Francisco. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on January 29, 2008.[1]
The art deco tower, built of unpainted reinforced concrete, was designed by architects Arthur Brown, Jr. and Henry Howard. The interior features fresco murals in the American Social Realism style, painted by 25 different on-site artists and their numerous assistants, plus two additional paintings installed after creation off-site.
Also known as the Coit Memorial Tower, it was dedicated to the volunteer firemen who had died in San Francisco's five major fires.[3] Although an apocryphal story claims that the tower was designed to resemble a fire hose nozzle[4] due to Coit's affinity with the San Francisco firefighters of the day, the resemblance is coincidental

<* shark >>><
Lille sounds as though she would of been fun to be around :)

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
  1. Wearing a Seiko, out of my flat's window.
    IMG_20200325_181026.jpg

·
Registered
664 Posts
As an essential government employee during a state quarantine, the only two places you’ll find me are at home or at work. But for variety, here’s me last week in my office in Virginia facing my desk:

...and here’s me this week in my office in Virginia facing my credenza:

I’ll update this thread should I venture to another room.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Out for a bimble in the park
IMG_20200327_153001.jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
My father-in-law gave me his father in law’s Longines 14k auto for my birthday this week. I think it’s called a Mystery dial watch. It’s freshly serviced with a new brown leather strap. Not a diver but really cool and quite sentimental.

Adjustments.jpg

IMG_2535.jpg

81 - 100 of 101 Posts