The Watch Site banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
The hands came to me in the post yesterday so I eagerly put the “tuna-stein” together. Thank you to [mention]Grammarofdesign [/mention] for the help with some parts I needed, as well as the heads up on the sale of the CrystalTimes “TST” by TigerUK. #067/400 for me!

Initially had intentions of making a bumblebee tuna just because it sounded funny. Then I thought I may make a “Blue butterfly fish” tuna again there was a theme going here…

Ultimately, I decided to pay homage to the SBBN017. Such a cool damn hunk of metal that wish I had. So I loosely based my build on that creature. Jon recommended I check out theyobokies.com and the creation rolled from there. You will see the SKX171 dial kind of replicates it a bit, the white box around the date window and the circle indices. I did the black kanji day and “207” black date wheels from Monsterwatches because I thought the letters and numbers would compliment the day/date box better. I wanted to add a little sporty-ness so I chose the “dawn gray” to accent this build. The seconds hand - thx Jon- and the namoki mods dawn gray skx chapter ring added a subtle jab of color on an otherwise monochromatic assembly. As you know the “dawn gray” is the SRPD01 and that chapter ring don’t fit these jeans, but that sweep does!!

The engine is the 4r36a -thx [mention]Acidstain [/mention]- Crown is from Dragonshroud found by accident when I was looking for a tuna shroud a while back. I knew just where to go for the extended crown needed for this.

The case back is just a sterile blue AR crystal back from Crystaltimes as well as the double dome crystal on display. Rounding out the choices for the steel bezel and steel insert, these also from Crystaltimes. Part numbers pictured below.

The mag wheels for this baby deserved no other than the uncleseiko Z199 straight endlink bracelet. It. Just. Fits. Thanks for reading my ramble, hope you like the pics as much as i like wearing it! HEAVY METAL TUNA!!

Jay

·
Registered
230 Posts
What an amazing looker this one turned out to be Jay! WOWZA !

The black day and date wheels really suit the overall package, and that bit of orange flair tapping into the Dawn Grey look is special.

Well played Sir.
View attachment 485938
Greatly appreciate your compliments sir! Thanks for the help and the input!

Jay

·
Registered
230 Posts
[mention]scubarob99 [/mention] [mention]TheTigerUK [/mention] [mention]SeaCreechur [/mention] [mention]lewie [/mention] Gentlemen, thank you for the kind words and support. Quite the addictive hobby. I wasn’t going to do another one until I saw that case come out. Just had to try another one more time. Cheers fellas!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21 - 38 of 38 Posts