The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Special Member
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I received the new Crystaltimes Tuna case for SKX, the one inspired by our very own TheTigerUK. JB helped the design phase and we all know his creation of the TST is legendary. These are Limited Edition run of 400 pieces just now arriving to pre-order customers.

Very well executed, this one is a major innovation as we can use all the standard plus A/M custom SKX parts so the possibilities are limitless. Comes with crystal gasket and case back gasket and 22 fat spring bars. Drilled lugs is a very nice touch. If you don't have all the little items to complete the build (bezel click spring, crystal, movement, case back, crown, etc) they can hook you up. I have every single SKX007 part in duplicates so I just went with this top-notch case.

I went with the following:
Crystaltimes CT719 "SKX Tuna Conversion Case" (https://usa.crystaltimes.net/shop/m...-to-tuna-conversion-case-tst-polished-brushed)
SRPE39 King Turtle Manta Ray dial
4R36 (not NE36) movement with white day and date wheels.
Sapphire dome crystal, also Crystaltimes
SARB061 crown, 1E70D1SNS0, to mate the SKX case tube threads to the 4R36 inside. Nice "S" logo touch comes with it.
Yobokies Tuna Hour and Minute hands for 7548/4R/6R series
Seiko SRPD21 Save the Ocean "Great White" shark fin seconds hand
Coin Edge bezel with top side chamfer, temporary placeholder ceramic insert to be swapped out soon enough.
SPRC43 blue rubber strap

The Manta Ray dial has a magical quality about it. Different angles give very different dial textures and patterns. Beautiful to behold, hard to capture here:

NOTE:. Final photos below
Watch Analog watch Light Clock Watch accessory
Watch Analog watch Gesture Clock Watch accessory

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Everyday carry

Watch Analog watch Light Clock Watch accessory

Watch Drum Flash photography Watch accessory Nickel

Watch Clock Measuring instrument Font Gas

Note: Due to the US Postal Service being upside down with backlog and disarray, neither my target blue ceramic insert nor blue A/R dome crystal are here, despite being shipped inside the USA over 10 days ago. Ugh. So this will be revised with the crystal and insert in due course. I hope to update my photo with the new crystal and insert when the post man finally obliges.

Let's see YOURS !

·
Special Member
4,435 Posts

·
Special Member
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks great Jon, I got mine in the other day with a polished coin edge bezel. Fantastic looking case in hand that pics just don't capture.
Really nice build, just received mine, hope i can find some Time to build It and Will post It here...
Looking forward to seeing your finished products here in this thread soon !

1 - 20 of 30 Posts