The Watch Site banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And Feel...Certainly different than the previous format. It will be interesting as to how the skins change and adjustments. So far so good, These Days change is permanent...Stay Safe ALL !

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Will take some time to get used to it. One thing that is already a bit annoying are the ads showing up. But of course I can go pro and pay for reduced ads... I know that the Forum has to be paid but well, hmmm, not so sure if I will pay here again. Did go pro on Tapatalk some time ago...

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
The ads are already pissing me off on the regular website. I am outta there and will stick to Tapatalk.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Don't like it...but then again didn't like it last time it changed, or the time before that, or the one before that either ( I think there was one then ).
It's the usual story..... I'll get used to it and then I'll forget why I didn't like it in the first place.
I'm a luddite at heart :)

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
I always thought we already pay with our data, as verticalscope sells it to marketing firms...
One thing is for sure, the mobile view is miles ahead of what WUS has.

·
Registered
24,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The new site doesn't Flow, It's edgy, Contrast y in both modes. Busy visually and distracting. Re Skin this place to a more likable Watch friendly environment. I'll now uninstall tapacrap also. Upgrades are supposed to be just that...We went backwards.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
At first I was wondering if I had arrived in the right place or not ! Had SCWF and Watchuseek had a hitech child ? Well, I guess we all have to deal with our resistance to change.

·
Registered
28,419 Posts
Still unable to find/view PM's. If I get one, how do I read it?

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Still unable to find/view PM's. If I get one, how do I read it?
PMs are now "conversations"

And, "reply" is now "Quote"

And "quote" is now "multi-quote"

Just things to get used to. Like all things computer the only constant is change.

I wasn't addicted to Seiko yet when they moved from Network 54 to the old SCWF that we just lost. Was that this traumatic?

·
Registered
24,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a Choice of layout, Color, etc...My email has this feature.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Why do we "gain" things that we don't need, and lose stuff we do need?? N54 information and knowledge, gone.
Last forum change, massive block of knowledge, gone.
Ask for the Japanese watch photo database to be migrated to the last forum, denied, asked the exact same with this iteration - computer says no!!
How about asking members for what they'd like, before changing it??
Quite annoying to say the very least.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Well it's been a couple of days now and I'm not feeling the love for the new look forum.

I'm old and generally don't generally take change well, but usually you just carry on and eventually the new becomes the norm and then before you know it it's all comfy again.
Ok, functionally some things are easier. Or seem to be. But there's something about the look and feel of the place now that just leaves me cold. I don't think feeling the need to use the "Ignore" button for the first time ( well twice actually ) after ten years of membership has helped. Never thought that was something I'd do round here.

I'm sure a smarter man than me could explain why the new forum software doesn't work. Visually it glares and seems to have no real cohesion but it seems to go further than that. Not sure why. Daft stuff like the watches on the top of the page... couldn't care less about any of them. I suspect who ever laid out the page couldn't either. They look like someone just got some stock images of the appropriate brands and made a nice picture.

The SCWF used to be one of my "happy places". Somewhere you'd escape the world and all the crap that usually goes with it. Somewhere people would think having 36 watches wasn't strange it was just an ideal excuse for buying another watch box and taking a picture of what you wearing that day and posting it online was normal. Daft things like if you were awake at some ungodly hour and couldn't sleep you could always get an early post in on the WRUW thread cause Neilo was always up with the sparrows ( and before sometimes ).

With all the crap that's going on in the world it was nice to have somewhere like that.

I suppose I'll just have to accept the fact that it's just an internet forum that costs me nothing and owes me nothing.
Whoever runs/owns it has the right to do what the hell they want. I don't pay any dues for being here so I don't get any say.

Say safe and stay well out there. It's a scary world just now.

·
Registered
24,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Slow load and always this:

a.PNG

·
Administrator
28,560 Posts
I have got to say i'm liking it more with each day, one of the things I really like is when a post is quoted it doesent show all the photo which imo makes such as the WRUW post so much tidier and for me more enjoyable, I have in the past got fed up of seeing the same watch quoted umpteen times in the WRUW however nice it was, this for me is a lot better.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
There is something FUBAR between the site and Tapatalk. I just tried to reply to a member in today's WRUW thread like I've done for years. However it shows as just a normal post, but not a reply..

Actually had to log onto the browser to reply like normal to confirm the issue, which I won't be doing much.

So I apologise in advance if you don't get a reply from me, but I never use the browser version.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts