The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Montréal Meeting -- Few pics of a nice evening

First a big Thanks to Steve who has organised this meeting in Brossard on the South Shore of Montréal.

A nice evening with Les gars de Montréal!
On the left Steve, in the middle Dave and on the right Jérôme.

Make a choice Dave!

Ahh come on! You can’t have it at a better price Dave!

No way, not at that price!

A lot of nice watches to look at!

Jérôme enjoying his evening!
Thanks again for the nice evening guys!

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
Re: The Montréal Meeting -- Few pics of a nice evening

Small gathering or not, looks like an exceptional display of watches were on hand!

·
Registered
72 Posts

Well, thanks to everyone who came; JéJé, Jean-pierre, Dave and myself.
We had a fantastic collection of watches on display, old and new.
A few watches changed hands and we all wanted a few of the pieces that were on display.
For myself, it was nice to see a Marathon, Orient 300m, a Tsunami and a Marine Master.
I went away with a nice Sumo, thanks JéJé.
By the way, Dave, I hope you like your Orange Beast and don't forget that the Bullhead is waiting for you!
I'll let the other guys post their comments as well as a few pics.
It was a nice gathering and we will try to arrabge another meet soon.
Steven

·
Registered
12,319 Posts

looks like you guys had a blast! 8)

·
Registered
522 Posts

Alwasy a great time to get together with friends and their watches !

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Cheers,
Daniel

·
Registered
2,504 Posts

At least there is one beer on the table! Looks like a good time.

And we can see JP's pants in the last picture. You can't hide Monsieur.

·
Registered
534 Posts

Fun to see Jeje and Sharkfin Dave! hahaha! and the other guys too! Those WIS meetings are wonderful! Jeje, you have gained weight since your Halloween photo! hehehe!

·
Registered
772 Posts

hey hey the Montreal WIS chapter held a meeting!
Man this was so much fun. An amazing display of watches. Jean Pierre does have the perfect PMMM. Please JP post a good pic of this perfect mod. Your choice of bezel is really the best.
I had the opportunity to handle some Orsa, a spirit ( more like 2!) The famous Tsunami, Those Brazilian Orients wow serious watches for serious collectors for sure. We also had a Bullhead, 6105 a superb 6309 and of course I brought some OS 300. At a point the table was covered with watches all over. WIS paradise O:)
The gathering was a total success. cool meeting for some cool dudes! Yes Steve convinced me to part with my Blue Samy :'( but I'm 100 % certain it's in a good home and you should have seen his face when I finally said yes. Ya know the WIS happy face don't you?
I did try for the PMMM but JP is still in love. ...Can't buy me love.... hahaha I ended up getting a Sawtooth from Steve, couldn't resist the sweet deal he offered. Thank's man! That's one I flipped and missed so back with one with more sentimental value this time.
Many many smiles, quite a few beers and I drank so much diet Pepsi that I stayed awake 'till 2 am. Man there is a lot of caffeine in there! so here's a few pics, I was so busy looking at all those jewels that I did not take that much.

PS Thian nah... did not gain weight, its the horns I was wearing then that are very flattering hahaha

Pics now

Check out Dave's smile!

[IMG]

Many goodies in this custom box totally hand made by Steve. You should see this one live, its really something!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

What a night! Thanks Steve for putting it together!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

OK Jeje!
Here are some pics of my PMMM!

·
Registered
2,504 Posts

LOL! Look at that woman in the background. She's like, "WTF are those fools doing with all those watches" :D

Or maybe better, "I'd better keep my man away from those guys. If he sees all those watches, I'm doomed".

·
Registered
2,131 Posts

nhoJ said:
LOL! Look at that woman in the background. She's like, "WTF are those fools doing with all those watches" :D

Or maybe better, "I'd better keep my man away from those guys. If he sees all those watches, I'm doomed".

Thats funny, good pick, or were you checking out the scene. lol. ;)
Dave.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts

^-^ Well my first WIS meet ever, here in Montreal. What a fantastic time, and I tell you the time just flew on by.
We were all kids in a candy store. So much to see, great selections everyone brought along for the show and tell.
It also became a swap meet later on in the evening. LOL. Wheeling and dealing all in good fun and happy campers before we all bid adieu.
There were only four of us, but can only imagine if there would've been more.
I learned soooo much from these guys, and got to try on and see many watches I've wondered about or longed for.
I know my 6.5" limitations and what I can pull off for my future buys.
I'm totally blown away by some of these classics, and all in my corner of the world. We truly don't have to look far to have some hands on playtime.
Many watches here have confirmed my wants and some I'll be taking off the list due to my wrist limitiations.

Jean-Pierre mon ami, love your Aqualand classic CO22, and those Seiko spirits are very nice. Your PMMM mod is killer. I forgot to take pics of those. Too many distractions.LOL

Steve, great watch box carpentry, very skilled with quality home for the herd. Loved the vintage pieces, and SeaViper is killer.

Jerome, dude, your collection fits me so well. LOL. My wrists shots have me sold on most. Too many to list. haha.

What have I learned, there are so much more that I want. LOL. Like Citizens, new and vintage. Need to enter that realm.
So fun, I encourage all to do it if given the chance. I so wish I could make the NYC wis meet. That should be really cool, in my favourite city. ;)

Hope you all enjoy, and maybe we can do this next time with more WIS-ers coming out to play. ;)
Thanks Steve for organizing a great bunch for cool meet.

Cheers, Dave.

Here's the guys, Jerome and Jean-Pierre.

Steve with his maple wood watch box creation.

Here's Steve's cool maple wood watch box which he skillfully made. ;)

lets see whats inside, some nice vintage pieces. ya, I know, the bullhead is upside down.

Steve's tissot

red & orange meet for the first time

new Orsa Sea Viper

killer caseback

more Canadian content, my two orsa's meet Steves two.

Loved JP's Aqualands, looks good on my wrists, no? ;) I know ,upside down again. :D

Jeje's collection fit my wrist nicely. ;)

aqua gear kinetic, very cool piece, made famously by Thian. From Japan, now resides in Canada. ;)

tsunami and kinetics, these are VERY nice.

flightmaster is especially nice on me. ;)

caseback is cool

OS300, MM 300m, Tsunami

These look good on my wrist. They've got matching hands. ;)

Here's my tsunami watch case with a range across the board for show and tell.

sorry for the overload of pics. Hope you enjoyed as we sure did. ;)
- Dave.

·
Registered
534 Posts

Graeat photos, Dave! Jeje's collection fits your wrist perfectly haha! the Alba especially....and the Flightmaster kinetic looks really suited to you :))

·
Registered
659 Posts

nhoJ said:

[/quote]

Look at her left wrist. She likes watches too! ... or is that a bracelet? Did anyone manage to get a close up of what the woman in the background is wearing on her left wrist?

·
Registered
772 Posts

Wow Dave so may great pics. What is your camera? I forgot to look. All I know is that its black. Was it on macro or just auto?
It took so may great shots and the lighting was not very good too!
what a great night it was!

And for the woman in the back lol First time I notice and I took the pic. All I remember about surroundings is that our waiter did not wear a watch and after I asked he told me he don't like them. kids...

·
Registered
72 Posts

Thanks JéJé and Dave for the pics, very good quality.
Yes, we did look like aliens to most of the people in the restaurant but some of them had envy in their eyes.
Dave that Bullhead is calling you, Jérome thanks again for the Sumo, I already modified it; new bracelet that I had to custom fit.
If anyone is interested in another meet, drop me a line.
Steven

·
Registered
2,100 Posts

It looks like there was a female watch enthusiast present, too! The woman in the background is clearly trying to get her watch in the picture. ;)

·
Registered
205 Posts

LOL...from the look on her face, I believe she's thinking...

"Oh, how I wish my Boyfriend here was into Seikos like those Cool looking Guys over there.....instead of his Boring Omegas...Tags...and Rolexs" ;D

·
Registered
772 Posts

Nah she's thinking: "Wow that Jeje dude is really handsome... and look at that Orient ... grrrrr..."

1 - 20 of 23 Posts