The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed this abomination on eBay a few days ago and wondered just what sort of price it would achieve.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413759656.641446.jpg
Dial, crystal, bezel insert and possibly the second hand are not original or correct, not to mention the black pvd case. All acknowledged by the seller though.

Well I was stunned - about $350US. It seems modified (ruined) classics are fetching more than some in original condition.

Would you pay $350 for this?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
As mod projects go, this one looks quite well done....black and orange combo works OK. Assuming the original watch was in poor condition to start with I'd give it :sign0098:

I noticed this abomination on eBay a few days ago and wondered just what sort of price it would achieve.

Dial, crystal, bezel insert and possibly the second hand are not original or correct, not to mention the black pvd case. All acknowledged by the seller though.

Well I was stunned - about $350US. It seems modified (ruined) classics are fetching more than some in original condition.

Would you pay $350 for this?

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
One mans 'modded' watch is another mans ruined abomination. And no, for that sort of money, I personally would be looking for an original watch. However my 'lightly modified' 6309-720A (after market standard dial hands and black aftermarket bezel insert instead of the 'correct' Pepsi one) bought for $51 from a Philippines seller,as a 'wearer' and not a 'collectors piece' ticks all the boxes for me.:cool:
If I was paying circa $200 I'd have expected an original, unmolested watch. ;)

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As mod projects go, this one looks quite well done....black and orange combo works OK. Assuming the original watch was in poor condition to start with I'd give it :sign0098:
Sorry, maybe I went a bit hard on the disapproval there. I'm not against modded watches, I was just stunned at the price it achieved.

·
Registered
912 Posts
$350 isn't so bad. How was it sold - as a modded watch or was it trying to be the real thing?

A good condition Bullhead should go for a fair bit more than $350.

I'd say this was a battered $200 Bullhead thats been brought with $50 of crap parts put in it.

Yeah, as a 'MOD' if any of us had done it and popped it up for show I guess it would have got a few claps and a 'nice one'!

Personally - it's not for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts