The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
30,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really find it frustrating when I sell or trade something and the guy on the other end of the "deal" does not make the effort to let you know he has received it so I get stuck holding on to postal receipts for ages. :mad:

I am not looking for kisses or hugs from the other guy, i would be more than happy with just a quick email to say "received" !!!

On the other hand i find it really satisfying (and a relief) when the other guy in the deal sends an email to say received safe and sound and it has often been the beginning of a cyber space friendship. :)

How about you ?

·
Registered
772 Posts
+1
Its great to get that email.
"Item received"
doesn't cost anything, relieves stress of transit and can very well go toward friendship. ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi John
I agree, also I often spend lots of time finding parts & part numbers for people,, & at there request put parts aside for them, only to find weeks later the parts are still in the on hold section. It would be nice to get a note to say, I don`t need it any more or I found a cheaper one.

However we must remember this email thing is not the most reliable comunication device, I know I have sent emails which have not arrived at the intended destination.

Pete K

·
Registered
112 Posts
When I'm a seller, I'm pretty obsessed with tracking the package...probably more so than the buyer. Once I see it has arrived...BAM!...off goes my sheepish boilerplate email ("Hi. I see the watch arrived on XXX,...is everything OK?"). I seem to always expect the worst...and I don't know why. I've done dozens of deals and never had a problem yet...but I almost feel like I've been released from prison when the buyer finally confirms the safe arrival.

Better to care too much than not enough I guess O:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts