The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My profession is in Finance. I am not an exchange rates expert by any means however.

But, looking around, I can get a Marinemaster direct from Japan -

Use PayPal.
Pay in Yen.
Set my PayPal options to use my credit card's exchange rate which is always pretty near wholesale and my specific card does not have a 3% foreign currency fee (which Paypal scares you about) -

From what I can see I can end up with a new MM for about the price a lot of people seem to be still asking for in the used MM market.

I am leaving specific prices, vendors and used prices (may not be what they are actually getting) out intentionally.

I did a fairly recent $1k plus purchase as such and it did work very well.

Thoughts?

Also any thoughts where the Yen versus the dollar will be 6 months from now?

It's currently 121.50 Yen to a US dollar. I am GUESSING that the value of the Yen will erode a little more to the dollar over that time, making the number of Yen to 1 USD even a little more than it now is. I will mark it in my calendar and check back in 6 months and revisit this post.

bb

·
Registered
12 Posts
This sounds about right. I'm seeing similar activity in home/personal audio in which people who'd been procrastinating on esoteric component purchases are finally buying.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My profession is in Finance. I am not an exchange rates expert by any means however.

It's currently 121.50 Yen to a US dollar. I am GUESSING that the value of the Yen will erode a little more to the dollar over that time, making the number of Yen to 1 USD even a little more than it now is. I will mark it in my calendar and check back in 6 months and revisit this post.

bb
I forgot to look. 6 months after my post the exchange rate was 124.32 (6/5/2015) Yen to USD so I was right.

However is is now 120.75 Yen to USD (10/31/2015), so I am now a just a bit wrong :) Thank God I do not make my living off of Forex! :)

If was on a Fox Business News or whatever, I guess I would try to put a positive spin on it somehow!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts