The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi SCWF,this would be my first truthful confession and sneak peek into what had happened yesterday. I am a happy guy,excited since a week ago and I guess the love will last for a long time,hopefully. :D

Thanks to Kucimo ,our own seasoned forum member,he brought us together and I'm grateful to that.

Nope I am not that 'married' married...but got the number 1 watch in da house SBDX001 from Kucimo. ^-^
First I have to say Kucimo is very responsible person and communicated exceptionally well throughout the deal. He had kept me updated on the shipping infos throughout when the parcel was in transit. And when the parcel came,it was literally so well packed and even had my address on both sides of the parcel,a one of a kind job...so thanks bro!!

It began yesterday noon when the EMS courier came knocking on my door.... :-\
And left me with this heavy box...

I cannot wait...the ;D exploding excitement is much greater than the time needed to go and get a penknife...

so you see,this brown parcel has address written on both sides(first of a kind for me) and the way it was taped up is solely to prevent escape of Jakarta's oxygen.. :-\ ,thanks again..

This time round,I gave up as no way my hulk fingers are going to peel that layers of tape..so I went to get a penknife.

Peel A Boo.... those bubble pockets reminds me of higuchi's (or other JDM's)...most importantly the black box...

so here we go, SBDX001 in the distinct prospex box 8)

Undressing of the beast while my sad 62mas looks on... :( slowly finding a corner to weep

so here you go...(Fast forward so I'm going to just show the pics.. :p )

ok thats all for the pics,you guys have seen much better mm300 pics anyway ;D

I'll just do a mini review but nothing tech or with watch collector's lingos..I'm just a plain simple WIS.. :-[

The first thing on my mind when I saw the watch is the detailing on the dial. The silver rims around the hour lume mark really stands put even if you just have some light that reflects it..especially the bezel.
This is the first diver I have that has a grossly finishing of bezel...there would bound to get scratched up and replacements bezel would be extremely expensive..but what the heck,I'll just enjoy it first..

The polished surfaces and the craftsmanship on the casing looks really nice and this is the exact quality I would expect from such watch ..best of all it mixes the brushed surfaces together with polished surface to a different look..It would be boring to have all surfaces either polished/brushed.

When I held it on my hands,I was really surprised by how heavy this beast is...with that bracelet(I knew it was over 200gms),it was kinda of heavy for me..and I need time to adjust. Maybe I got used wearing the light 62mas.
It is just a solid feel,felt delighted with it and this watch can be doubled as a paper weight.

Before the watch even arrive,I already know my mode of wearing would be with the waffle strap. I like the way this waffle strap looks and it gives the beast a old vintage divewatch feel,much like its dad and grandpa.

The bezel clicks smoothly and handwind turns smoothly...knowing you have a 'GS calibre' type of dive watch just makes your day. ;D

As usual,you guys know about the ultra thin thread that can be worn out by applying excessive force during incorrect alighment and screwing in of crown. That's my only issue..so no way I am letting another guy play around the crown with this watch...ok to molest by not screwing... :D

Now its time for me to enjoy this watch... :)

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Big Congrats! Thats an amazing watch. A grail for many including yours truly. ;)
I love unboxings, so fun, and exciting. I'm pumped for you, as I can only imagine your delight.
Can't get any minter than this. Enjoy this one, for as long as the marriage lasts. hehe.
Oh, by the way, your bezel is off. lol, kidding.

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bro

.....and regard that bezel... :D

I was wiping and cleaning the dust off the grossly surface...now I will try to wipe in a clockwise direction to prevent the bezel from rotating..

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
congrats on getting this grail!!!

Funny how the camera can play tricks, look at the 12 marker here.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've never realised that funny 12hr 'divider' that slants to one side in this photos untill you mentioned...

rest assured guys,I've got a SBDX001 that passes Seiko stringent QC..... its just magic :p

Note: Do not stare too long in the 12hr marker,you may get too high :D

G

·
0 Posts
Man, fantastic watch undres unboxing. It's a grail watch for sure.

Must resist.... >:D

·
Registered
230 Posts
WOW! A classic in the making . . and like wine, it gets better with age!

Congratulations!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Sweeeeet! Congratulations! The crown is fussy. I find that I normally use two fingers when i'm screwing back in crowns. With the MM300 I switch the natural position of my two fingers and it goes back in easier. It's the watches biggest downfall imo. Actually, it's only downfall. Ha ha. But seriously the crown on the Emperor Tuna works perfectly and actually on the Sumo as well. I feel your pain on the crown though being that I wind my MM300 every morning to keep it awake. Wear it well and keep giving that 62 Mas some wrist time! It's Sweeeeetttt! :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys... :))

so what's now... 6215 is out of range for me.... (one just sold on fleabay for 4.7k)
6159-7001 300m auto or 6159-7010 600m tuna perhaps?? ::)

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Congrats on the Ultimate Grail for most WIS on here.Must admit ive yet to delve into the MM as a purchase.Maybe because ive seen one close up and next to my Orient Star 300 and admit to liking the Orient just that little bit more.
My opinion of course yet i do love the MM.Well done my friend and enjoy it. ;)

·
Registered
862 Posts
Going vintage Tuna is always an option... You are going to need a hefty budget for any of the models you describe. :) The 6159-7010 is an object of my desire as well. However, tough to find in good condition... I was discussing that model last week with the tuna master Chris Galbraith and he informed me there is a re-issue of the 6159-7010 for sale right now by Noah I think. If I had 3 grand to spend, I would get that watch... So rare, only 1000 made.
http://www.thewatchsite.com/index.php/topic,5208.msg23997.html#msg23997

·
Registered
862 Posts
For me after I bought my MM300 the next choice was the Emperor Tuna. I loved the movement and had read about the improved crown action. I will note though, The Emperor is ridiculously big! Far larger than my Quartz Tunas. It is indeed, only a watch I can wear when i"m dressed in a T-Shirt, but then again, i'm always in a T-Shirt. :)

·
Registered
862 Posts
Enjoy the MM300! :) I'm slapping mine on later today for a wedding my wife and I are attending. Looks killer when wearing a suit, gotta go bracelet when in the suit imo.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah...that SBDX011 is huge.Before I got this mm300,I was deciding between that or the mm300.

I did have a 7C46 1000m and it just about the biggest size I can accept for then..and SBDX011 is much bigger. Crazy wrist

presence... :D

8L35 is a nice calibre to have,especially on dive watches or Tuna.. and if I have a lot of money to spend(won lottery),I would

drop the cash on Noah's historicial SBDX005 600m Tuna..but too bad..out of my reach,as usual.

so probably lower the aim and try to get 1 auto diver/tuna...

copied from 'Seiko Diver References' ;D

- 8L35 - SBDX003 300m historical reissue (?)
- 8L35 - SBDX005 600m Shrouded diver historical reissue (Noah-3k)
- 8L35 - SBDX011 1000m shrouded diver (2.6-2.8k,various sellers)
- 6159-7001 Professional Diver (?)
- 6159-7010/7019 600m Shrouded Diver (1.5k-1.8k)
- 6215-7000 (ebay-4.7k)

enjoy your MM300 too Jay... :)

·
Registered
862 Posts
Tunafied- I love this link. :) This link helps me keep track of it all. Actually I have been searching for it for 20 mins+. Just book marked it. Zoodles original post is terrific and the graph by Harry is excellent. The graph was attached as a word doc so I was able to save it to my hard drive for quick reference. I don't know about everyone else, but the model numbers are hard to keep track of in my head. The International and US thing always gets me. :)
http://www.thewatchsite.com/index.php/topic,142.msg206.html#msg206

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh I have that link saved under favourites already..

also the diver's references and 62mas buying guide..

these references are really top notch and thanks to the guys who did the hard work :-*

·
Registered
862 Posts
Sweet. Hmmm 62Mas Buying guide? I'm off to look for that now. :) Glad we posted some of this stuff. Your purchase inspired me to write and think about some different stuff. Glad we had this convo on post rather than PM so others may grab tid bits. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts