The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand the Coutura line has been discontinued. Was it for any specific reason or was it just too much into another line of watches??

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
JoseJMartinez said:
I understand it has been discontinued. Was it for any specific reason or was it just too much into another line of watches??
My guess would be lack of sales. That could be from overlapping designs; tired designs or just a fickle buying market.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I have seen some with an original price of close to USD 500.00, going new now for less than USD 150.00. The one I have is a beauty but I really do not know if it is all that great...it is a SS worldtimer...difficult to see the hands at any time of the day. They are just too thin and their color blends with the shine from the glass and the dial. They should be wider or orange in color or at least have an AR coatring inside the glass. Also, the bracelet is the kind that is not very adjustable. Can only be sized by removing links.

·
Registered
28,905 Posts
I thought all metal bracelets had to be sized by removing links except for those with "monster" wrists. Am I laboring under a false assumption?

·
Registered
186 Posts
JoseJMartinez said:
I understand it has been discontinued. Was it for any specific reason or was it just too much into another line of watches??
I think that Seiko has plans to replace or update most of it's lines. It keeps the product mix up to date.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hi, Jose! Just start wearing your Rolex ;D I think, like the Penquin mentioned, that line was found to be not a good seller...or Seiko might be trimming its lines after so many years and focusing on its Spring Drives etc....

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Norm Diaz, what I meant is that there is no fine adjustment, you know, the little holes on clasps...there are the links and the 2 half liks but my wrist swells during the day making it an uncomfortable watch to wear. Another thing...the BLING, the polished faces on the links make you to not even put the watch on top of the kitchen counter...for sure it will scratch...

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Must talk about two watches....not marketing anything just anecdotes, and hope I do not break any rules....Yesterday morning I put the Coutura into its bubble wrap and into the Folger´s can. Pulled out a watch I had not worn in about 6 months....Timex Perpetual T2G521 black dial and leather black and red lined band. I checked it vs. the Denver atomic clock. SIX SECONDS behind it was and I consider this not too shabby for a very economical watch. Looking at it vs. the Coutura I can now see the hands again...the Coutura I am sad to say is like staring directly at the sun. The other anecdote will follow...

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thian suggested I start wearing my Rolex...and Tonight I will wind it and set it vs. the Denver clock. Will chech the deviation in a couple of days. This is by far my favorite all time watch...I indulged in it 37 years ago and was afraid my wife was going to kick me out for making the aquisition. The watch has held up and keeps good time. It is a virgin still and has only had the glass changed once...if at all interesting, I will report deviation later.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts