The Watch Site banner
641 - 656 of 656 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Hi guys, there's a debate on a military forum I'm in on, about a generic watch marked Vung Tau NCO club (some people say the markings are bogus, I for one believe if you're gonna fake something , why fake something as mundane as that ? Why not fake an imaginary LRRP or Green beret or CIDG unit , which would sell better ?). Any vets here passed through Vung Tau and remember such watches (Vung Tau NCO club) marked like that ?

Sent from my RMX2185 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Hi guys, there's a debate on a military forum I'm in on, about a generic watch marked Vung Tau NCO club (some people say the markings are bogus, I for one believe if you're gonna fake something , why fake something as mundane as that ? Why not fake an imaginary LRRP or Green beret or CIDG unit , which would sell better ?). Any vets here passed through Vung Tau and remember such watches (Vung Tau NCO club) marked like that ?

Sent from my RMX2185 using Tapatalk
Mabuhay 850 ,
Very Interesting to hear about that Watch, do you have any pictures of it that might be shown.

If it is engraved in The Back well that would mean The Owner had it done for .... Remembrance Purposes
I would say.
Vaung Tau was situated where it was a ... Very Open Sea Coast Area on the Ocean until ......The V.C.
Over-ran it to try to combat The U.S. Forces around there.
Vaung Tau was totally Destroyed and Flattened Down by ....... Ariel Bombing by U.S. Forces.
Vaung Tau was also .... The Major Main Entrance into .........The Mekong River Delta Area and that is where they launched ........ Those Army Monitor Boats and PBR Forces Patrol Boats.
OK this has to be Understood :
The PCF Patrol Boats did not enter and patrol The Mekong River because the Draft of the Boats were to
low. Only ....... Army Monitor's and PBR's, Recon Boats with .... Their Shallow and Flat Draft Hulls went
in to the river. PCF's were mainly .... Propeller Powered Coastal Patrol and Harbor Vessels.
PBR's were .... Intake Jet Drive Propulsion and Army Boats also too but many were .... Out Board Motor
Driven also.
Major U.S. Navy Ships dropped their Supplies off in This Bay to supply .... The River Forces. Every thing
that was needed on .......... The Mekong River had to go through the Entrance to the River
and we used the Beach Head as Temporary Base Areas. These areas were for ..... LST's, LSD Landing Ships,
LPH's, to off load there cargo's then .... The Land Guys took it from there.
As far as ....... Vaung Tau in the 1960's it was ....... Totally Destroyed and Leveled to The Ground.
Today it is a thriving ...... Tourist Attraction and Resort area.
As far as .... A Watch from There it is probably just to commemorate the area I would say. Watch's I would say
......No , but ........ Mainly Cigarette Lighters would be for this by ..... Military People that were there.
We Engraved Our Watch's on ..... The Case Back a lot but as for the actual Watch Dials I never saw them.
This Bay and Beach Head was very well guarded with Air Support and Sea Support because that is where
every thing was done for ..... The U.S. Military Forces on The Mekong River. The main guys that guarded this area was ........ The Army and Navy Helo's and The River Patrol Forces and Army Monitor Boats. Today there are so
many ........ Counterfeit Thing concerning Military Things that comes out of Viet Nam.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Mabuhay 850 ,
Very Interesting to hear about that Watch, do you have any pictures of it that might be shown.

If it is engraved in The Back well that would mean The Owner had it done for .... Remembrance Purposes
I would say.
Vaung Tau was situated where it was a ... Very Open Sea Coast Area on the Ocean until ......The V.C.
Over-ran it to try to combat The U.S. Forces around there.
Vaung Tau was totally Destroyed and Flattened Down by ....... Ariel Bombing by U.S. Forces.
Vaung Tau was also .... The Major Main Entrance into .........The Mekong River Delta Area and that is where they launched ........ Those Army Monitor Boats and PBR Forces Patrol Boats.
OK this has to be Understood :
The PCF Patrol Boats did not enter and patrol The Mekong River because the Draft of the Boats were to
low. Only ....... Army Monitor's and PBR's, Recon Boats with .... Their Shallow and Flat Draft Hulls went
in to the river. PCF's were mainly .... Propeller Powered Coastal Patrol and Harbor Vessels.
PBR's were .... Intake Jet Drive Propulsion and Army Boats also too but many were .... Out Board Motor
Driven also.
Major U.S. Navy Ships dropped their Supplies off in This Bay to supply .... The River Forces. Every thing
that was needed on .......... The Mekong River had to go through the Entrance to the River
and we used the Beach Head as Temporary Base Areas. These areas were for ..... LST's, LSD Landing Ships,
LPH's, to off load there cargo's then .... The Land Guys took it from there.
As far as ....... Vaung Tau in the 1960's it was ....... Totally Destroyed and Leveled to The Ground.
Today it is a thriving ...... Tourist Attraction and Resort area.
As far as .... A Watch from There it is probably just to commemorate the area I would say. Watch's I would say
......No , but ........ Mainly Cigarette Lighters would be for this by ..... Military People that were there.
We Engraved Our Watch's on ..... The Case Back a lot but as for the actual Watch Dials I never saw them.
This Bay and Beach Head was very well guarded with Air Support and Sea Support because that is where
every thing was done for ..... The U.S. Military Forces on The Mekong River. The main guys that guarded this area was ........ The Army and Navy Helo's and The River Patrol Forces and Army Monitor Boats. Today there are so
many ........ Counterfeit Thing concerning Military Things that comes out of Viet Nam.
Just to look at for references :

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Seiko 5 6119-8101 that I don’t know the history of. It doesn’t have the Arabic numerals but just the tick marks and the weird part is the black rubber ring around the bezel. Can’t find pictures of a similar one online :/. I take it this is just a run of the mill civilian version?

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
I have a Seiko 5 6119-8101 that I don’t know the history of. It doesn’t have the Arabic numerals but just the tick marks and the weird part is the black rubber ring around the bezel. Can’t find pictures of a similar one online :/. I take it this is just a run of the mill civilian version?
Later you need to post good pictures of that watch then other might be able to help you with it.
It's important to see what others have when it come to these Watch's also.

·
Special Member
2,642 Posts
This is the third 7005-8030 I found. I think the universe is telling me something with that. Probably that I should finally keep it…😁 Once again the watch is in excellent condition without any patina, stains… Changed the crystal and the gaskets, also as always she will get a full service and than find it’s way on my wrist.

·
Special Member
15,268 Posts
gorgeous Phil.

Reactions: Phil_G

·
Special Member
2,642 Posts
Thanks Mike, really appreciate it. One thing that the pics can't give is how comfortable this watches wear.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Thanks Mike, really appreciate it. One thing that the pics can't give is how comfortable this watches wear.
Real Beauty that one ..... Phil and yes they are very comfortable too.

I have one I got 2 years ago but .... It Came With Water Damaged on .... One Quarter of The Dial from the
....... 3:00 to the 7:00 O'clock Markers in it but the rest works great and a nice case too.
I got it from a Women that lived here then moved to Colorado that had it from
..... Her Dad that was a MACV-SOG Veteran in Vietnam.
She gave it to me for a exchange of ... >> A Item I had that she was looking for.
It had The Original Strap on it too and it quite good condition.
But Now to find a .... Dial to complete it that would be just fine for it but that is ... Another Miracle also for
... These Watch's. But I have Hands for it also and they were in good condition also.
Louis

·
Special Member
2,642 Posts
Hi Louis, thanks a lot. Original strap sounds good, that would be something really great. Water damage is a terrible thing especially to this lumed, arabic number dials. Crossing my fingers for you to find a good dial. On the other hand when the damage has happened during its “serving time“ I would rather stick with it. Probably frame it and see it as real piece of Seiko and also your history.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Hi Louis, thanks a lot. Original strap sounds good, that would be something really great. Water damage is a terrible thing especially to this lumed, arabic number dials. Crossing my fingers for you to find a good dial. On the other hand when the damage has happened during its “serving time“ I would rather stick with it. Probably frame it and see it as real piece of Seiko and also your history.
Aloha Sir,
Hi Phil, that is what I did with it and have it in a.... Plastic Container since I removed it.
Frame a .... Before and After Photo ..... then frame it all up.
I emailed her back and requested a ... Snap Shot Of her Dad in Uniform, so maybe I can actually do that with it
and write some documentary if she has some for it then Frame it nice for the wall.
Thanks for the idea for it and we will see how it goes.
Aloha
Louis

641 - 656 of 656 Posts