The Watch Site banner

581 - 588 of 588 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Aloha Sir,
Shaffl11t,

Aloha from Honolulu, Hawaii and first of all .....
Thank You for your Service Sir and I Salute You for a well done.
I am Louis / LongBike on this Forum and I am a Vietnam Veteran also.
We served along with the ......
The Mekong River Patrol Forces TF-116 PBR Boats and also Those HAL-3
and Sea Wolves and 5' th Army in that area.
Your Service Time as a MACV-SOG Operator ... is very much appreciated by many that has
served in Vietnam. As for your operations that were done
while in Country and other .....
" You Sir and Your Fellow Patriots did a fantastic work there ".

As for what your description off being sent on missions to some of the worst environments one could be in you are exactly right. Those Jungles were actually a no mans land but yous accomplishments were made.
Being sent on operation in those Jungles were beyond descriptions to be in and I myself will agree
on that also.
Every corner of that Jungle was totally infested with .... V.C. and every where one went or turned they were there just waiting for action. Your description of weaponry was of very discrete and appreciated. Being in those
Jungles with tall those Monsoons , Disease's, Animals and deadly Snakes,
and all that was a very hard way to do things but many did accomplish.
You Sir have returned back to ....... Your Homeland with much Honor and your Uniform still carries much. Today many might still disagree but it was those that were there that still held ..... Freedom to still be kept.
Many of our Brothers gave all and many did not return home but till today we still ..... Honor and Uphold them.
I Sir am thankful for your participation and giving of just what did go on back in that day so many
will actually know just what went on and not from hearsay alone.
Aloha and Thank you again Sir and I still Honor you with a well done as a ... MACV-SOG Veteran.
Aloha
Louis / Longbike
Aloha Louis

Your words remind me of Billy Ray Cyrus' song Some Gave All. I read it was inspired by a conversation Billy Ray had with a Vietnam Vet. The vet allegedly told Billy, Well, all gave some, but some of us gave all we had back there

Reactions: LongBike

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
bigblue- hello. You look like you done a hell of a lot of research on SOG and are very interested in the seiko watch connection.
I ran SOG recon from 67-69.
If you have any questions I'll try to answer them.
Tim
Welcome to scwf Sir! Thanks for your service and your insights

Reactions: LongBike

·
Registered
458 Posts
This is not a MACV-SOG from what I've been led to believe, but the styling is pretty similar, and it was picked up for a lot less than the military issues go for these days, that's for sure! The dial is that same awesome charcoal/brown sunburst and the bracelet is cool. Perhaps these were just regular civilian watches styled after the military issues, but I don't know much about their history as they seem to be quite rare too.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi all,

Just checking in and wishing you all continued (or restored) health. I am going in for some relatively minor outpatient surgery this week, so had to have a COVID test. Wasn't that bad, so don't be intimidated if you need one too. Stay well everyone.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Hi all,

Just checking in and wishing you all continued (or restored) health. I am going in for some relatively minor outpatient surgery this week, so had to have a COVID test. Wasn't that bad, so don't be intimidated if you need one too. Stay well everyone.
Best wishes for a very positive outcome (y) (y)

581 - 588 of 588 Posts