The Watch Site banner

421 - 440 of 580 Posts

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Looked nice and clean. No military history on it. Just a nice, somewhat rare model. About twice what I feel it was worth.
( I'd also go along with ....850 Champion on this. )
NOW :
If one has actually been ...
" To War and Returned Back then one can really talk about ...The Issued Equipment One Has Used
and its purposes ".

I'd say the ... Authenticity Off It .... is a very Crucial Matter. Just like many others that we have seen.
Take these ... " The Dirty Dozens Watch's " ....now if they are authentic from an actual Veteran that used it that would be powerful.

Like I am saying .....
There was only ...... " The Original Dozen " ...... Spoken off Right ?

It is like actually Holding it in ones hand and then feeling like you were actually on
.... " The Battle Grounds or The Sea or in The Air ".

Like I have heard or I have been ask by many ....
" Just what was it like to be in a .... War Time and In It " , Now this gets ... Really Authentic
an Original About It ".
Imagine ...... " It has been Through Hell and Came Back to be Owned again", and maybe by another Veteran now has it that is Powerful also..
But also if ..... It Was Made ... during that same period of time and Issued to
.... The Original Person
and they were the user of it.
Now I would .....PAY THE PRICE .... most kindly for it, or a .... Decent Price also.
of those watch's on his wrist.

This is what I am speaking mainly off .... " Authenticity and Originality Is Very Powerful ".
NOTE :
One might say ..... Well what is the difference of it all ?
I Myself can say ..... " I have had Them and Have Been through it also Myself ", like many others.
Aloha
Louis

·
Registered
53 Posts
I see the 7005 8030 on Ebay has been reduced to $2100, a real bargain I might add. ;)
I made an offer of $800 that was automatically refuted.
I also missed out this a.m. on a SEIKO 5 6349A 23J AUTOMATIC. Nice lookin piece.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well the $2100 Seiko 7005 8030 onEbay sold last night. Thats just crazy money w/o provenance. A rare watch, yes, but worthy of those prices as a watch with no history, I think not.

I'll wait till I stumble across one that's just being sold as a "nice old watch". ;)

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Well the $2100 Seiko 7005 8030 onEbay sold last night. Thats just crazy money w/o provenance. A rare watch, yes, but worthy of those prices as a watch with no history, I think not.

I'll wait till I stumble across one that's just being sold as a "nice old watch". ;)
That is just like going to ...The Horse Races made a .... Bet and began watching them run.
Then you find out .... The Horse You Bet On , was one that belong to one of .... The Assistants
there that jumped into ... The Track and just started to run and was .... Illegal to be there and
then you find out it was .... The Wrong Horse that ran ...." And You made a Bet on the Wrong Horse "
and really lost.
Especially when found out it was just a .... " Old Plug Horse that Never Ever Raced ".

·
Special Member
2,326 Posts
In the past when viewing auction results and prices have gone way out of a normal sales range I have been very skeptical. I look at a single one off sale as an outlier and one result does not represent the true current value or market as a whole. But here we have 2 back to back sales at 2K each in a relatively short time.

At first I thought the second auction was "opportunistic" with a BIN at $2500. Then the seller reduced the price to what I thought was just an "overly optimistic" $2100. Then it SOLD! Once again just like many of you I was Shocked.

A single sale could be an outlier and only represents a dot on a chart but 2 sales create a pattern.

If indeed the watch did sell at that price perhaps the marketplace has placed a higher value on Seiko SOG military watches. Like anything what something is worth is what people are willing to pay for it.

·
Special Member
2,326 Posts
How much is a Seiko SOG 6119-8101 in excellent condition, recently serviced, and running well on it's orginal MILSPEC OD strap and WCC compass that was issued by the Counter Insurgency Support Office (CISO) to a 5th Special Forces MACV SOG operator assigned to CCN with Full Documentation including actual photos of the operator wearing the watch in Vietnam worth???

·
Special Member
2,326 Posts

Not a watch but another incoming. Randall Model 14 Attack - Amazing Combat Knife specifically designed for use in the Vietnam Jungle during the 1960s. Stainless Steel blade (no rust) with Brown Micarta handle (great grip when wet). Special Edition Vietnam Veteran Knife made by the Randall Shop in 2005 limited to 500 made.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Probably bodes well for those collectors with prime condition examples. Provided they are selling, that is. I think you don't sell (in general), Kyle
In the past when viewing auction results and prices have gone way out of a normal sales range I have been very skeptical. I look at a single one off sale as an outlier and one result does not represent the true current value or market as a whole. But here we have 2 back to back sales at 2K each in a relatively short time.

At first I thought the second auction was "opportunistic" with a BIN at $2500. Then the seller reduced the price to what I thought was just an "overly optimistic" $2100. Then it SOLD! Once again just like many of you I was Shocked.

A single sale could be an outlier and only represents a dot on a chart but 2 sales create a pattern.

If indeed the watch did sell at that price perhaps the marketplace has placed a higher value on Seiko SOG military watches. Like anything what something is worth is what people are willing to pay for it.
Sent from my B15Q using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
How much is a Seiko SOG 6119-8101 in excellent condition, recently serviced, and running well on it's orginal MILSPEC OD strap and WCC compass that was issued by the Counter Insurgency Support Office (CISO) to a 5th Special Forces MACV SOG operator assigned to CCN with Full Documentation including actual photos of the operator wearing the watch in Vietnam worth???
Do you have one for sale or one in que?

·
Special Member
2,326 Posts
Here's my collection of Waltham wrist compasses. I have all three makes, ie. Waltham, W.C. Co., and W.C.C. One is still mint in bag as issued.
Excellent collection of Vietnam War Wrist Compasses. Crystals look to be in great shape and you have the original straps. The 3rd from the Top W.C. Co wrist compass looks like it has a better quality MILSPEC strap. I believe it is most likely that all 3 compasses were used in the Vietnam War. The US Military were still issuing leftover WW2 Waltham compasses for a Very Long Time. W. C. Co and WCC were manufactured during the Vietnam War Era so they would have definitely seen use.

Waltham also made a WPIC wrist compass that looks identical to the others. I believe this was the Second version made sometime after WW2 (WALTHAM) and most likely during the Korean War. At that time Waltham had changed their name to Waltham Precision Instruments Company (WPIC). WPIC Wrist compasses are Hard to Find.

Also during the Vietnam War Waltham made a special order wrist compass for the US Navy Seals. I have never seen one come up for sale.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks Kyle,

Ive been after some to compliment the SOG watches Ive been accumulating lately. I think two of the compasses didnt have straps but I've purchased about 2 dozen un issued 1965 dated G.I. straps and used those. Bought them for re sale if you know anyone looking for them. I have about 20....ish.

Whats your story with the Seiko SOG 6119-8101 you were asking about? You've got me curious now.

And thanks for the heads up on the other Waltham compass to look for.

421 - 440 of 580 Posts