The Watch Site banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I think I know why these turned up on the net! having a good look over them revealed that the colour was coming off both bands (cheep Seiko crap ;) ) so i have a good feeling that these were returns, the watch its self is in NOS perfect condition, So I'm happy and as the Boys won't know, all is good ;D

As delivered. The price being in Euro made me laught...Didn't have Euro in 1990 :-[



After the new bands went on, no fighting over who owns which one, now...yeah right...






Now was that a NOS 7002 diver on the web...............Dad needs a pat on the back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Great watches, I wish I had one like that for the football world cup :)
Is there no second hand on these? How does it work, will the minute hand jump back to "12" once you start the football-mode? Would like to learn some more about these. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Great catch! Are the boys going to be wearing the watch during a soccer game?

IMO, soccer generates a fair bit of sweat , and sweat do not go well with leather straps on watches!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TickTalk said:
Great catch! Are the boys going to be wearing the watch during a soccer game?

IMO, soccer generates a fair bit of sweat , and sweat do not go well with leather straps on watches!

I hope not :( They have other watches (cheep, bullet proof) that they wear to school and sport. These are for special occasions when we go to the local soccer games. I'm trying to teach them to respect, new and gifted items.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
swing---kid said:
Great watches, I wish I had one like that for the football world cup :)
Is there no second hand on these? How does it work, will the minute hand jump back to "12" once you start the football-mode? Would like to learn some more about these. Thanks!

The seller still has 2 left, I offered him 30euro per watch. Both hand go back to zero on the different function and when finished, reset to time they go to the correct time, quite funky, i spent 10min playing with the different functions.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
minidriver said:
Soccer, uh no!

Football!!! this is the REAL Football!!!

Can't wait for South Africa 2010!!!!

Yep the Boys live Soccer/football and it's been a long road to get them to look at other sports/interests. The world cup is more important than Christmas for these two and they have already organised there days/friend/sport/TV for the Cup... ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,564 Posts
Nice watches, funky.


World Cup here we come though for the first time I am conflicted. As I recently became an American Citizen, yet I hail originally from England, what am I to do on June 12th..
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK gents the strap debate has surfaced and I'll need two different NATO straps. One in Red and the other in Red and White, 18mm. OR O:) Liverpool and Arsenal straps :)


Rod
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,504 Posts
otr002 said:
OK gents the strap debate has surfaced and I'll need two different NATO straps. One in Red and the other in Red and White, 18mm. OR O:) Liverpool and Arsenal straps :)


Rod
Of course! Why didn't you think of that before?

Maybe a 2 strap nato will be easier for them to put on? Velcro maybe?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, you could have told me ;) They want to wear them everywhere, and, well so much for keeping those special 1990 NOS watches as pristine as posable..They're collectable you know ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
8)

Here's mine:





The caseback resembles a manhole cover. ;D

And here's my take in the Arsenal v. Liverpool debate, wearing my Citizen Crystron: :))



Go Gunners! :)
Daniel Z.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top