The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wondered what everyone’s favourite Seikos from the 90s might be, (mechanical or quartz)I’m sure there are some hidden gems out there. I’m thinking the 7t34 slide rules were some of the best looking.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I was hoping for more responses to this one! Surely there are some note worthy 90s models you'd all like to share :)

Back in the '90s I fancied one of those non symmetrical cased Seiko chrono quartz models.
There were special motor racing editions - Honda etc.
Like this ; Seiko 7T62 0AM0 Alarm Chronograph Tachymeter Watch, very rare design! | eBay

I was never going to pay what they wanted new for them then (I was out of the trade so no discount - not that I can get a discount on new Seikos now) and I still won't.
I know what a complex movement they have now so I'd still avoid one.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
1992-2000 the SuS models appeared. All bezels were clean and unmarked, the hour hand was squared off. The 4S15/12 movements were used in the mechanicals and multiple quartz mvts were in the rest of the line.
Here is their perpetual diver 200m model I recently found in a used shop for $60!

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
and the blue version

and here is MWW's homage to the SuS 4s15 but better with its sapphire crystal, titanium and NH35mvt

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
1992-2000 the SuS models appeared. All bezels were clean and unmarked, the hour hand was squared off. The 4S15/12 movements were used in the mechanicals and multiple quartz mvts were in the rest of the line.
Here is their perpetual diver 200m model I recently found in a used shop for $60!
I've now looked them up = very cool.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts