The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m just wondering what the consensus is on the best replacement bezel insert I can get for a 7548 Pepsi is? Fit, finish, font and lume pip size are all important to me. I am going to age it to go with the watch. I’m not a fan of replacement parts usually, but the current one looks pretty beat.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if the yobokies bezel has the slight dish that the 7548 does?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Harold's 6309/7548 inserts are the best aftermarket one's I have seen. they are slightly sloped but not quite as much as oem. The surface texture is good and the Pepsi has great color balance, although I have never had an original side by side. The only deficiency is the lume is not great. I have never been able to understand why but I have seen that issue on the pip of many aftermarket inserts.

·
Special Member
2,325 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if the yobokies bezel has the slight dish that the 7548 does?
I have Yobokies 6309/6105 Bezel Inserts (Black, Blue, Pepsi, and Gold) and they are excellent quality. They are Flat with No inward slope. Harold made a batch of 6309 inserts with an inward slope a long time ago but they are long gone and he is no longer making them. I understand that Flat bezel inserts can be "pressed" to form an inward slope but I have never tried it. Perhaps someone who has experience doing this can chime in.

·
Registered
381 Posts
This is a Yobokies insert on my 700B. I'm pretty pleased with it. I needed to flip it outer edge down in a press to get it into the bezel then use the press to ease of inner edge down to get the required slope to the crystal. Whilst it fits perfectly I managed to crack the bezel at the pip with the last press (that it didn't really need!) I blame my crystal press and I have a new one now. Next time I might just sand it to fit lol!

Would definitely order them again and Harold is really quick at dispatching.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
304 Posts
I looked up Yobokies 7548 bezels and they're a good repro.
The website's CONTACTS link isn't working though.
Can anyone point me to how I can contact him?
I'm looking for a 7548-700C insert.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts